Extreme Frustrations with billing and giftcard status
ryoung881

When i signed up for my service I elected to add a home phone because the price was the same, the only difference being that if i got the home phone i would get a 300$ giftcard. I very carefully selected all the options and had to redo my order once because the system kept doing its best to change options that i selected. In the end i was absolutely certain of my choices. For months Ive been calling about the status of the giftcard. Sometimes im told its coming, sometimes im told it doesnt exist sometimes im told it will be for different amounts sometimes they claim to have no knowledge of such a giftcard even though anyone who owns a tv can see that you constantly run the giftcard promotions. It has now been a year since i signed up for service and Ive still not received a giftcard. Doing some research online and even on this forum shows that hundreds of people are getting the same run around mis-information and flat out lies that ive been dealing with. Im tired of the nonsense and the lies and the utter lack of customer service and competency. Youre going to lose a 10 year customer if this doesnt get resolved soon.

My second issue is that in addition to the tons of other issues ive had not only with my fios service but my cellular service as well is that youve decided to add a 10$ a month sports package to my account. I never added it in the first place, ive called and asked it be removed, ive been promised credits etc and its still on my account. I dont understand why this is so hard. Im the only one who uses the service, im the only one that knows the pin numbers or whatever for the account, i never ordered it, dont want it and i want to be credited since youre charging me for something ive told you repeatedly i dont want. The sports package was added in may 2013.

My cellphone is off contract and if you dont get this straightened out youre going to lose a long term customer as well as my other accounts for my wife, business, and 501c3 organizations.

FIX IT

Also the fact that i cant email a billion dollar corporation and get an answer is absolutely ludicris.

0 Likes
Re: Extreme Frustrations with billing and giftcard status
synergy68

I have made all 3 payments, and yet to recieve an email in regards to my $300 visa.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

ryoung88,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

ryoung88,

We closed your private support thread out. We hope, due to you not responding, you were able to get your issue taken care of elsewhere. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
ryoung881

Apparently I didn't respond fast enough so they closed it with no response... yea that fixed everything. The forum idea is soooo much better than being able to email customer service... yea right as usual no resolution

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

We have reopened your private support case.  Please follow the instructions given above to access it and interact with the support agents.

0 Likes
ryoung881
So my private support case was closed bc I didn't respond fast enough, then reopened but now I no longer have the option to reply in the forum I only have a chat link. Well I've been sitting here staring at the "a verizon representative will be with you shortly thank you" message for an hour with no response. I'm so glad my issue was upgraded to private chat and then ignored. Really appreciate the help. Once again a company this big that won't accept email clearly has a customer service problem
0 Likes
ryoung881
Well 2 hours is my limit. Why don't you send me a chat request when you feel like getting around to it
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ryoung88,

If you are having difficulty with the chat link in your private support case, you should post that in your private support case thread so that the Verizon support agents are made aware of the problem.  The agents do not read postings to the public boards.  This is why we suggest keeping all correspondence within the private support area.

0 Likes
ryoung881
I CAN'T POST IN MY PRIVATE SUPPORT CASE THREAD AS I STATED THEY DISABLED THE REPLY BUTTON ALL I CAN DO IS CLICK THE CHAT LINK WHICH NOBODY ANSWERS!!! ARE YOU SEEING THE REASONS FOR MY AGGRAVATION?????
0 Likes