Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

FIOS Assumption of Liability?

Fogell
Contributor
Contributor

FIOS Assumption of Liability?

Message 1 of 6
(10,887 Views)

Hello, I am the account holder for my houshold, which consists of me and 2 roomates. The thing is, I will be moving out shortly and they will be staying here. How would I go about transfering the account (doing an Assumption of Liability) to one of my roomates so they can continue service uninterupted? Is this even possible?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Bob_Robertson
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: FIOS Assumption of Liability?

Message 2 of 6
(10,881 Views)

Contact the Billing dept at 1 800 VERIZON

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Robertson - Lighter Klepto - I steal lighters, not bandwith
edoardosalazar
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(10,835 Views)

What Verizon most probably will do is open 2 new accounts, one for you in your new place, and one for your roomates, and your Service Agreement with them will start from cero, I already moved and trasnfer my service 3 times since I hired Fios service (in my case also), and I pass from one year aggrement from april last year, to a WHOLE NEW SERVICE AND AGREEMENT starting on March 2010,  and now 2 years until 2012.

As I already have experience calling Verizon Billing department, and trasnfering my service, well basically there's no such thing as "transfer service", they just cancel the previous one, and start a new one, and mostly probably in your case, they will set up, 2 new services.

Oh, and I also can suggest you, because already happened to me, DO NOT ACCEPT THE 3 MONTHS FREE HBO/CINEMAX, The cost of those services are more from they said, cause they include some other fees, and IN MY CASE, they charge me those services from the FIRST MONTH, when I suppose to have those services for free for 3 months.

Be sure to explain everything right to the Billing Deparment, I cross my  fingers you do not reach one of those Outsourcing Call center personnel from other country, that's the worst, sorry Verizon if it's sound hard, but I already have experience calling that deparment, and you have to be very patient.

Regards

Edoardo Salazar

Verizon FiOs Customer.

Fogell
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(10,816 Views)

Well I wish I could get Fios at my new place but it is not available there yet. So I just need to get off this account and transfer it to my roomate. I'm going to call tomorrow and see what they can do for me.

Fogell
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(10,749 Views)

Is it just me or is it impossible to contact verizon directly? I have been on hold for an hour and that is after i was told it would be a half-hour wait. which is rediculous to begin with. This is a horrible to way to treat paying customers. Horrible support. I'm close to reccomending an all-out cancellation and service switch.

TheTechMan
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(10,713 Views)

Fogell, you're correct.  If you don't like how they treat you, get a new vendor.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title