FIOS Billing Mistake - NEED RESOLUTION
PatD83
Enthusiast - Level 1

In October of 2012 I canceled my FIOS service as I was moving in with my brother who already had FIOS. Verizon sent out a return package to me and I noticed that Verizon mistakenly thought I owned 2 HD Settop boxes (I'm assumming this mistake stemmed from when Verizon never sent me my initial settop box and then instructed me to go pick one up at a nearby store). Additionally, I was being billed for the 2nd box; however, that is not my complaint, and I'll suck it up and deal with that Verizon mistake.

My complaint is that I now have $347 charge on my account for not returning a piece of equipment which I have never owned. I have been calling Verizon customer service since November trying to get this issue resolved and have not come across a single Verizon representative who seems to be able to do anything. On January 15th I spoke with a representative that told me the charge would be removed and my account balance set back to zero at the next billing cycle  (Feb. 7th). Needless to say, that never happened. I spoke with another Verizon representative yesterday who informed me he would put in a  new ticket to investigate this; however, he did not have any actual ability to remove the charge and did not know who does that have that authority (HOW CAN CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES NOT KNOW WHO HANDLES REMOVING CHARGES FROM A BILL!!!!). 

I have spent numerous hours of my life being passed from one useless customer service agent to another. I have begun taking precise notes of the calls and recording them as well; because I can only assume with the enormous incomptentance on Verizon's behalf; I will need to report them to the Better Business Bureau as well as the MD State's Attorney as I can imagine Verizon will be sending my information to the Debt Collectors and ruining my credit rather than resolving their mistake. 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Billing Mistake - NEED RESOLUTION
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look down the middle towards the bottom where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Issues Resolved in "Private Support Area"?
PatD83
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm curious and want to ask everyone here on this forum, if they have actually had their issues resolved in the "private support area", or if this is a means to get issues out of the public arena (such as the numerous complaints of customer service and billing)?

I have not received any responses from Verizon Reps once my issue was "elevated" and moved to the private area for investigation. If this is a forum, it would make sense for me to keep general issues open to the public (obviously minus private, indentifiable info) so that others who may be experiencing similar problems can see how to resolve them..... or maybe I just don't understand how a forum works. 

I feel like I'm just being jerked around further and regardless of what I do, Verizon is going to send their unfounded charges to a collection agency and ruin my Credit. 

So any thoughts?

0 Likes