Switch Account

FIOS CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS.

FIOS CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS.

Contributor laforcerobert
Contributor
Message 1 of 62
(11,557 Views)

I'm another victim of Fios customer service.  I won't go into details just believe me when I say you wouldn't believe me.

I saw on my bill that i re-signed a 2 year contract at the same price.  When I emailed Fios and asked for details of my "re-signing" I was told that of course I did it because otherwise that would be wrong and they wouldn't do anything wrong!!!

I'll probably be too lazy to fight with them anymore.  I expect I'll seperate my Wireless account and then dump FIOS.  If they can't bother to prove I agreed to a contract renewal then I can't be bothered to worry about their cancellation charge.

It's really a shame.  I've been very happy with Verizon Wireless for 15? years.  If FIOS is treating everyone as bad as their treating me and the other complainers they'll lose all their customers..  

SO DON'T SIGN UP FOR FIOS.  They lie and they can't be trusted.  That's what I'm going to be sure and tell anyone who will listen.

61 REPLIES 61
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 62
(11,488 Views)

Sorry to hear about your difficulty getting information on your resigning. I have sent you a private message to get more information from you.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Contributor WD
Contributor
Message 3 of 62
(11,161 Views)

I agree with you completely - Fios Customer service is NONEXISTENT. IT'S DIY REPAIR! Here's my story:

I had some issues with my picture going on and off and called Fios - finally managed to speak with someone after trying 30 minutes worth of do it yourself repair. They resent the signal and we hung up.

Didn't fix the problem, so I call back and spend another 10 minutes till I get to speak to someone. They tell me it's the box and say that I should receive a replacement in 2 days.

Receive the box - they sent me the wrong one, so I call again and get them to send me the correct one (another 2 days)

The new box doesn't fix the problem, soooooo......I call again. Takes another 30 minutes for the guy to let me know that now they're going to try replacing the HDMI cable with a component cable.

After getting a little annoyed and pressing for a service engineer to come out and take a look, I am told that they might charge me if the service engineer has to come out????? REALLY?????

I ask to speak with the supervisor - no surprise, he says the same thing and goes on to say that the HDMI cable is part of 'internal wiring' and so I would be charged for them to replace that.

Everyone do yourself a favor and don't switch to Fios. They suck!

Employee Emeritus
Message 4 of 62
(11,155 Views)

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the service. There could be a few different things that are causing the problem. We would like to help you out with narrowing down the problem. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus
Message 5 of 62
(10,948 Views)

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

Contributor WD
Contributor
Message 6 of 62
(10,944 Views)

Hi Tonya,

The problem really isn't getting the issue itself fixed. It's the path to getting it fixed that drives customers like me nuts. It's the crappy service that we receive to get things resolved that is the real issue. Don't you think that your customers shouldn't HAVE to go to a forum to complain and vent in order for someone to try and find out why they're so mad?

Contributor hullga
Contributor
Message 7 of 62
(10,641 Views)

I have found myself expressing these exact same sentiments on numerous occasions now. In almost every attempt I have made over the last 2 years to speak to someone who could actually address my customer service issues, I have been net with seemingly endless voice prompts and scripts that had nothing to do with my issues.

I am now within days of completing my research to determine who my new provider will be. Even if I find that FIOS delivers a better viewing experience, I am absolutely certain the the negatives relative to their customer care will far outway any positive.

During my last call to Verizon, I was simply trying to learn why they chose to completely change their On Demand menu to what I believe to be  far less useful as it makes it much harder to find a type or category of show without having to know the actual name of the show (try to find a category of music video now without knowing the channel that it is on). The first 3 people that I spoke to (after spending 25 minutes trying to get a live person) had no idea that the menus had even changed! When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was flat out told I could not! Can you even imagine that??? 

The menu may seem trivial but what really upset me was that there was absolutely no communication regarding this change. In addition, since I can find no benefit to this change, I am left to assume that it was implemented to facilitate cost avoidance with no regard for customer satisfaction. Last year, if you wanted to sit and enjoy a holiday movie with your family you simply went to On Demand and selected "Holiday Movies" and you were presented with a listing of all available Christmas movies" I challenge you to do that now! I had to go to IMDB on my computer and generate a list and then search by title one at a time. By the way, I gave up on that and used my LG BlueRay player to access NetFlix. My list of issues with the overall service provided by Verizon is to lengthy to publish here (plus its just exhausting to think about it) but since Verizon won't permit me to speak to management I figured I'd post this in hopes that it might get someone's attention.

Contributor Chuck1369
Contributor
Message 8 of 62
(10,512 Views)

It appears Verizon has joined the list of corporate giants who find "the public" just too difficult to deal with.  Anyone tried to find out how to write Verizon an email to comment on some aspect of the service?  Give up now.  It just isn't possible.  So, I will now vent here:

DEAR VERIZON -  Stop delaying the appearance of the Interactive Guide to afford yourself the opportunity to sell me a movie.  I WILL NEVER BUY A MOVIE FROM YOU FOR AS LONG AS YOU CONTINUE THIS ABUSIVE PRACTICE.  I dislike being held hostage.  When I hit the guide, I WANT the guide, not a chance to buy your movies.  Netflix and Amazon will continue to get every dollar of my streaming movie business until you wake up and stop this nonsense.  Otherwise, good product.

Contributor BigW
Contributor
Message 9 of 62
(10,498 Views)
I am joining the above after having tried to get my just installed fiberoptic wire hanging down on my backyard lawn fixed for days, weeks! Here is my message for Verizon Fios Tripple:
At this point I regret having switched to Verizon FiosTripple!!
The service that was in place at the time of installation has disappeared!
Chat, being able to talk to a person about things that go wrong has gone!
Your canned automated service is an endless runaround! Even if I get to speak
to a person they connect or hand you a new number and the run-a-round continues!
In the last month alone I had two improperly installed Fiberoptic cables in my backyard
and one is still hanging down across the roof of my house and down on my lawn since before
Christmas! I am getting intermittend service.

There will be no Fios-future past the end of my contract! No service, no deal!!
                                                                                                                                                      W.W.
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Message 10 of 62
(10,494 Views)

Hello BigW

Your issue was escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look down the middle towards the bottom where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent is waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.