FIOS Final Bill Scam - Unreturned STB Among Other Things - CS has Been Zero Help
arb_prophet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Upon researching this topic, I believe that Verizon is attempting to scam me as they have done with others. I am not alone in having been charged for a set top box that has already been returned.

I have a UPS tracking that shows the STB being delivered and signed for at the Verizon warehouse, yet Verizon continues to seek payment for the STB, acting as if it’s unreturned when I have clear proof that it was. I dread to think what would happen if I had lost the tracking info/UPS receipt. 

I am also being charged for service on my final bill that is for a period after my service cancelation date. How can I be charged for a month of service after my cancellation date; it makes absolutely no sense. The only explanation I can think of is that Verizon is running a scam where it tries to squeeze every last penny, warranted or not, from customers that are canceling service.

I receive calls everyday harassing me to pay the charges on my final bill, charges that are unwarranted and false. I am clearly being scammed by Verizon, clear as day, yet it seems that I have no recourse in removing these erroneous charges.

How have others handled this situation? My wife and I have moved away from Fios and will also be dropping our wireless service as well. I have never dealt with a large corporation that so blatantly tries to steal from its customers.

Thanks 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Final Bill Scam - Unreturned STB Among Other Things - CS has Been Zero Help
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi arb_prophet,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes