FIOS Renewal Scam warning!!!!
karenjack
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope no one else has experienced this, but just in case I want to warn anyone planning to renew their FIOS services about what my husband and I are going through.

On April 22, 2012, my husband and I renewed our services for FIOS TV, internet and phone through Verizon.com.  We were quoted a price of $99.99 for the Triple Play bundle for the first month and $104.99 for months 2-24. (Earlier that evening, my husband called Verizon and was quoted a price of $109.99 per month but decided to check whether the online price was lower before committing to a contract.) We added a Not Published number and Verizon World Plan 300 to the bundle, which raised the total cost of the service to $113.99 for months 2-24. Our service was activated and our phone was switched over to digital service on May 4th, as stated on the order summary. However, when the bill for May arrived, the cost of the Triple Play bundle we ordered was $119.99, plus the charges for the World Plan and the Not Published number. The company now refuses to honor what it had agreed to and the customer service representatives my husband and I have spoken to since were unable or unwilling to resolve this issue. They claim that it was a mistake on Verizon's part, and that we were given the new contract price rather than the renewal price, and that the company will not honor the price it agreed to.

What is galling is that it was crystal clear to Verizon that this was a renewal. While we were in the process of renewing, my husband took part in an on-line chat with a Verizon service representative to confirm the price that was being quoted. During that chat, my husband told the customer service representative that this was a renewal and the rep confirmed that we were getting a $250 prepaid Visa card for renewing our contract.

I’m very disappointed that Verizon has been unwilling to honor the pricing we were offered, while at the same time it expects its customers to honor the contracts they are locked into. I really don't consider this an honest business practice. I hope we're alone in experiencing this.