FIOS Triple Play Overcharging
vimarsh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was given a monthly breakdown of the amount I will be charged every month, it was average $100 - $115 (excluding tax), but I've been charged %158 average every month. For the past 2 months I've been trying to contact verizon support and ask them to clarify and refund the excess charges; which they acknowledge and say someone from billing will contact me in 24 hrs, but that never happens.

Re: FIOS Triple Play Overcharging
prisaz
Legend

@vimarsh wrote:

I was given a monthly breakdown of the amount I will be charged every month, it was average $100 - $115 (excluding tax), but I've been charged %158 average every month. For the past 2 months I've been trying to contact verizon support and ask them to clarify and refund the excess charges; which they acknowledge and say someone from billing will contact me in 24 hrs, but that never happens.

Call back during normal business hours and speak directly to billing. Support can not help with billing issues. Ask for the charges to be explained line by line. If you are not happy with the answer, or it does not agree with what you were told when subscribing, ask for a supervisor. If you are told one is not available, ask to be transfered to the cancelations or retention department. That usually works. It may be that the charges were not clearly explained when you signed up. With the service $100-$115 average does not sound right. You should have received a base Tripple Play Package price, less taxes and fees. Then you are charged seperately for your hardware. DVRs STBs for each TV. Taxes and fees in my area run about $20.

Example

Extreme Bundle Internet, TV, Phone. $124 Extreme bundle price last time I looked

HMDVR 5 Room TV Hardware            $43 1 HD HMDVR 4 HD Set Top Boxes. Discounts for hardware depend on what is selected.

Taxes Fees and surcharges               $20

Total                                                    $187

Less new customer discounts            -$30 perhaps depending on agreement. or -$20

New Total                                            $157.

Your agreement and configuration may very, depending on the bundle, and type of TV hardware.

TV Equipment costs. Expand the menu below each type of box to view the base price without discounts.

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/#equip

TV Equipment discounts.

https://www22.verizon.com/FORYOURHOME/GOFLOW/Common/VbundleENYD.aspx

0 Likes
vimarsh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've already spoken to billing, they agree that they have been charging me for the Premium Triple Play Package whereas mine is just a basic Triple Play. It has been fixed from this billing cycle but for the previous charges someone from billing is supposed to call back in 24 hrs - which never happened. I called them again and they again say someone will call back in 24 hrs ...still waiting... 2 weeks have already passed...

prisaz
Legend

@vimarsh wrote:

I've already spoken to billing, they agree that they have been charging me for the Premium Triple Play Package whereas mine is just a basic Triple Play. It has been fixed from this billing cycle but for the previous charges someone from billing is supposed to call back in 24 hrs - which never happened. I called them again and they again say someone will call back in 24 hrs ...still waiting... 2 weeks have already passed...

Be persistent. Getting a credit is not the easiest thing to do, and it may take more than one billing cycle. I have passed on a link to some Verizon employees regarding this thread. Look for a private message in the envelope at the top right under the search button. The envelope will also turn gold when there is a message waiting.

0 Likes