Switch Account

FIOS Welcome Bonus Link

FIOS Welcome Bonus Link

Contributor PK2
Contributor
Message 361 of 386
(871 Views)

This is just nonsense behaviour from verizon, how do they expect to retain customer with this attitude. 

Contributor KHarr
Contributor
Message 362 of 386
(872 Views)

I had Verizon Fios installed in August of 2018 with the promotional offer of $150 prepaid visa card.  I have yet to receive the card.  It shows under My Account with a link to register but it is a dead link.  Repeated attempt to contact Verizon have proven fruitless.  I can't get a live human and have sat on hold for hours on a customer service line.  Extremely dissatisfied with the service provided by Verizon Fios and will be filing a complaint with the Federal Trace Commission. 

Contributor vbok
Contributor

I am not able to redeem. It says "Your reward is currently on hold because of a past due balance. In order to receive your reward, your past due bill must be paid in full. Refer to your latest Verizon bill for your past due balance."

I am enrolled in autopay and I have never had a past due balance on this account. Is this a marketign scam? Customer support team is not able to resolve it.  I have been kept hold for more tahn 45 mins. 

Contributor Caarollaann
Contributor

100.00 gift  card.  Why so much trouble getting it.  Spent hours on phone and no one to talk to.  Tired of music in my ear.  Verizon wants their money   but do not keep their customers happy.  Sorry i changed my cable service

Contributor FMontano
Contributor
Message 365 of 386
(756 Views)

Hey all, since no one ever seems to write back to let anyone know if there's been any progress, I went through nearly all of the same frustrations with inactive link in the emails telling me to register, hours on end with customer service getting passed around, reading all of your messages and the continued frustration ... I had signed up for Verizon through the referral program, had installation on 11/1/18 and got emails starting this week telling me to register for the prepaid MasterCard that was promised to me for maintaining 60 days active service and having account paid in full.  

I FINALLY MADE PROGRESS. After posting a new community forum post complaining, and posting on the Verizon FioS Facebook page complaining, I'm not sure if it is a coincidence or not but I logged into MyVerizon again and tried the button that says "Register/Status" in the "Thank you for referring a friend" section that has been there for a few days (even though I was referred rather than the referrer), and finally I did not get the "no matching record" error message.  I was able to click through and register the card and claim the reward.  I got a screen saying my card would arrive by mail in 2 weeks. I don't know if the complaining on any of those sites helped or if it was just a fluke, but I wanted to share this with all of you since I really shared your frustration for some time there!!!  I'll update when/if I actually get the card in the mail.

Highlighted
Contributor FMontano
Contributor
Message 366 of 386
(754 Views)

verizon reward.jpeg

Contributor swanics
Contributor
Message 367 of 386
(656 Views)

When I log in the website says I need to register to receive my card, but I click the link and there is nowhere to register. I tried calling, waited 28 minutes on hold, and then after verifying my account info the guy accidently hung up on me. I have also tried emailing but the "Send My Rewards+ an Email," window just stays at "Please wait ... sending email" 

I  have tried the registering and emailing with two different web browsers and I still run into the same issues. 

Whats the deal? It seems like they want to promote the $50 card but never actually send it to you.... 

Contributor BDinMass
Contributor
Message 368 of 386
(634 Views)

I just want to warn people that the Verizon FIOS marketing promotion to get a prepaid VISA card is a scam.  I moved and had FIOS service moved from my old address to my new address.  The representative mentioned that for staying with Verizon FIOS I was eligible for a VISA pre-paid gift card for $100.  OK great, not a huge deal but I will take it.  So I get emails telling me to register for the card.  I go through the process of going online (way harder than it should be)  and also siging up for the App (terrible as well).  Both times the card shows up but when I click on register it says there is an error and to call.   Great experience so far, thanks Verizon glad I stayed with you!  So I call and after going through numerous prompts telling me to go online I get someone.  They tell me that I am in the wrong department and they will transfer me to the right place, gee thanks...  So the transfer me and I sit on hold which is going on 40 minutes (I'm listening to hold music as I type this).  Must be a fluke right?  No one can have service this bad right?  Wrong this is the third time I have called.  Oh and this has been going on for a couple months and my promo runs out in ten days.  Luckily I am not tied up in a contract and can shop other providers.  Back to the hold music now!

Contributor alexxxx
Contributor
Message 369 of 386
(616 Views)

Received the email, directed me to the portal page, no way to redeem it. Please help.

Contributor john140pt6
Contributor
Message 370 of 386
(589 Views)

I just got the following email:

Register for your $100
Amazon.com Gift Card.

A. Click the Let's Go button below and sign in using your
My Verizon user ID and password

B. Once signed in, click on the gift card image and follow
the instructions to register your card.

C. Watch for your card to arrive via email 24-48 hours
after you register

After following the link and loggin in to my account, there is no "gift card image" to be found anywhere.  Is this just a scam as some other posts have indicated?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.