quick menu

FIOS Welcome Bonus Link

FIOS Welcome Bonus Link

Administrator Administrator
Administrator
Message 61 of 382
(6,529 Views)

Verizon is aware of the registration issue and is working diligently to solve  the issues the team has encountered. For orders completed through August 31, 2018, customers do not need to register as they will automatically receive the card after 65 days.

Any orders completed after September 1, 2018 require registration.

Depending on the promotion offered at the time the order is placed, the customer will receive a confirmation email. Here are examples of the confirmation email sent with the promotion and registration details:

Example A:

A $xxx credit towards a range of smart home devices. You'll receive an email with instructions to redeem your $xxx credit approximately 30 days after your Fios service(s) are installed.

Example B:

A $xxx Verizon Visa Prepaid Card. You will need to register for your card in order to receive it so expect an email with registration instructions approximately 30 days after your Fios service(s) are installed.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. 

Nilsa
Community Manager

Contributor Kidxxa
Contributor
Message 62 of 382
(6,539 Views)

I have the exact same problem in regard to my welcome bonus... did you find a solution?  No link to be found anywhere in the MyVerizon section...

Contributor gapeach101
Contributor
Message 63 of 382
(6,533 Views)

They seem to be having other links that dont work.  The one to sign up for the employee discount is broken.  I have called and been told it can only be done online and no one has the authority to manuall enter it even though the link is not working.  I posted on the issue and was told the same as you....that generic response!  I really dont understand how nothing is being done to resolve the issues and how a complany survives such bad customer service. 

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 64 of 382
(6,516 Views)

@gapeach101 wrote:

They seem to be having other links that dont work.  The one to sign up for the employee discount is broken.  I have called and been told it can only be done online and no one has the authority to manuall enter it even though the link is not working.  I posted on the issue and was told the same as you....that generic response!  I really dont understand how nothing is being done to resolve the issues and how a complany survives such bad customer service. 

I know this won’t be what you want to see but sometimes in web development the root URL say it’s http://www.somewhere.com then expands to another page in that root directory like /form_html after the root. That is why you get the error messages people are showing or complaining about. Is because it’s not formatted correctly.

a web designer at Verizon could direct you to the proper page. But this may be an internal issue as to whom to direct it to. Sometimes over the years I would look for the redirect and copy it down, then I would use different endings like /form1_html or /form_rebate_html etc. just look at the redirect page. You may get lucky and hit it.

just an idea. But the administrator has said there was no need to get alarmed. Your situation seems to be different but similar.

you might want to post a separate thread on your issue.

Contributor Tinsuen
Contributor
Message 65 of 382
(6,496 Views)

I also got the email for the Welcome Bonus. Tried clicking the link from the browser as well as the app, sends me to a dead link. 

Where can I go to redeem the visa prepaid card?

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 66 of 382
(6,484 Views)

@Tinsuen wrote:

I also got the email for the Welcome Bonus. Tried clicking the link from the browser as well as the app, sends me to a dead link. 

Where can I go to redeem the visa prepaid card?

Read further down this thread. The administrator stated it was being taken care of.

Contributor potsandpans202
Contributor
Message 67 of 382
(6,468 Views)

I am having the same issue. I was recently on hold for over two hours waiting for an answer.... Verizon please fix this!!!

Contributor Smartparts
Contributor
Message 68 of 382
(6,448 Views)

The link to register for my visa gift card (which was promised to me as a new customer) is broken. I am being given the run around. I was "disconnected" twice, after being given the appropriate telephone number. The person I spoke to "Hanna" was very sales pitchy. I felt as though I had walked onto a used car lot. Verizon is also my wireless provider...they are pretty efficient in resolving technical issues in an expedient fashion. There is no reason why they should not be able to get my visa rewards registration link up and working. I kept being pushed onto the Google Nest promo. I am not interested in this promo. To add insult to injury, Hanna suggests that I call back to have them manually register the Visa gift card on October 17th. Despite Verizon clearly stating on their site "You have not registered your Visa reward card. You must register within 60 days of installation in order to receive your card." That would be well beyond their mandated 60 day period. It's insulting and wreaks of scam.

Contributor M_J_S
Contributor
Message 69 of 382
(6,382 Views)

Hello Nilsa,

Can you please give us more information? How can we confirm that we are scheduled to recieve our cards?  Expecting us to wait until the 60 day time limit is over and then just hoping they show up isn't really fair to ask.  It's asking us to wait until we've been told it's too late and just hoping it'll work out.

A message was sent to my inbox still stating the same 60 day time limit. The broken link is still on the My Verizon page.   Can't this link be removed or a second message sent out confirming the cards are sent automatically?  No one on online chat or on mutliple customer services numbers is able to give me any information.  Some of them don't even know what the Fio Welcome Reward is.  

It's just very disatsifying to have so many things telling me I still haven't registered my card with nothing other than your post in a forum to reassure me I don't need to do it.   I've been thrown all over the place trying to find out about this and I don't understand why it can't simply be posted on the site so everyone is aware and we have some sense of confirmation. 

Contributor Jm67
Contributor
Message 70 of 382
(6,363 Views)

I am having the same issue. I have spent more than a few hours between getting passed around tech support chat (waste of time) and passed around on the phone only to be disconnected. No one seems to know anything. This is extremely frustrating. From the second the tech left after my install I’ve been left scratching my head with no answers. On top of that I signed up for the gigabit service and my speeds are ridiculously low. 300 5g and 80 or so 2.4. I’m hoping I didn’t make a huge mistake switching. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios