quick menu

FIOS Welcome Bonus Link

FIOS Welcome Bonus Link

Contributor Aanold
Contributor
Message 71 of 371
(1,096 Views)

Same problem here. It’s become obvious after reading that it is intentional on Verizon’s part. 

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 72 of 371
(1,087 Views)

Outside of the card issue when you say slow, you mean with a direct ethernet connection from your gigabyte capable nic in a computer to your lan port on the router?

wifi is not accepted in these speed tests. You must be hard wired.

https://www.verizon.com/speedtest/oneclick.aspx

And it must be only from the link I am giving above. No other site is used.

if the ethernet connection is low (Verizon states up to speeds 940/880) the call up 1-800-VERIZON and get tech support to check your provisioned speeds. If they find a problem from their end to your ONT then they will fix it. If they find it’s your devices you must fix that yourself.

Contributor Tliu513
Contributor
Message 73 of 371
(1,078 Views)

I, too, am having this same issue while attempting to register for my $150 welcome bonus card. I’m am getting these error messages through the Verizon app as well as my google browser. Please advise me of what I need to do to follow through. Thank you. 

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 74 of 371
(1,068 Views)

@Tliu513 wrote:

I, too, am having this same issue while attempting to register for my $150 welcome bonus card. I’m am getting these error messages through the Verizon app as well as my google browser. Please advise me of what I need to do to follow through. Thank you. 

Click on the “go to solution” for the answer.

Contributor Aanold
Contributor
Message 75 of 371
(1,047 Views)

Funny to me that the solution is to wait for the 60 registration period to expire. Someone at a boardroom table in a corporate office decided that most folks will give up by then and the payout on these rewards will be exponentially less. 

Verizon lost me as a customer in the wireless sector because of the high costs. Now they have lost me in FIOS sector because of these games. 

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 76 of 371
(1,046 Views)

@Aanold wrote:

Funny to me that the solution is to wait for the 60 registration period to expire. Someone at a boardroom table in a corporate office decided that most folks will give up by then and the payout on these rewards will be exponentially less. 

Verizon lost me as a customer in the wireless sector because of the high costs. Now they have lost me in FIOS sector because of these games. 

The thing about reward and gift cards is that your states attorney generals office has jurisdiction over the receipt or non receipt etc. so if after 60 days file a complaint with the state agency. Look up yours via google.

these inducements are never a reason to take or renew a service. The costs are built into the services. You really are getting nothing for free. It’s a marketing ploy. Just like rebates. Only 10% of consumers apply for them. And of those numbers most forget they filed for them. 

Contributor thecamerons
Contributor
Message 77 of 371
(1,029 Views)

We recently had Fios installed and have received multiple e-mails to register for our Visa rewards card that is part of the current promotion for new Fios customers.

However, when I click 'Get Started' on My Verizon it says "Secure Connection Failed. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. The page you are trying to view cannot be showed because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified."

I tried this a week ago and again today, same issue.

Contributor J_GOTgig_P
Contributor
Message 78 of 371
(1,035 Views)

...then fix the broken link issue that everyone is having!!!!!!!

Contributor cpod92
Contributor
Message 79 of 371
(993 Views)

I was offered a Visa prepaid reward card when I signed up for Fios internet. I received an Email with a link to register, but the link does not work. I have tried accessing from my account page as well, but continue to receive an error when I attempt to register. I have contacted customer service on chat and over the phone and NO ONE was able to help. I kept getting passed around departments until I eventually got hung up on.

Does ANYONE have answers as to why this registration link is not working?

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 80 of 371
(985 Views)

@cpod92 wrote:

I was offered a Visa prepaid reward card when I signed up for Fios internet. I received an Email with a link to register, but the link does not work. I have tried accessing from my account page as well, but continue to receive an error when I attempt to register. I have contacted customer service on chat and over the phone and NO ONE was able to help. I kept getting passed around departments until I eventually got hung up on.

Does ANYONE have answers as to why this registration link is not working?

Click on the “go to solution” for the answer.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios