Failure to close account after equipment returned
Kramernyc

On December 17, 2018, I returned a cable box and router to a Verizon store in Thornwood, NY. I was not told that I needed to do anything further. 5 weeks later, I was billed and paid via auto draft for 35 days of service that I did not use as my equipment had been returned. When I called customer service on January 25, 2019, I was told that they would indicate that my service was stopped as of the drop-off date and I would receive a refund. I called again on February 7, 2019, and was told that I still had to pay for service until January 25. I asked to speak with a supervisor who gave me the same information. He couldn't tell me the exact amount as the bill had yet to be generated. However, since I dropped off the equipment on December 17, 2018, I obviously wasn't using the service and I should not be expected to pay for it. At no time when returning the equipment, was I told to call and cancel my service. I expected that to happen automatically when the return of my equipment was registered in the system. I think this policy is unreasonable and unacceptable. I expect that my service will be canceled as of the day I returned the equipment and a refund issued. Charging people for service they are not using is not the way to win back former customers.

0 Likes
Re: Failure to close account after equipment returned
jonjones1
Legend

The problem here is when you dropped off the equipment you did not say cancel service. Some customers would return equipment because they are using their own equipment.

between your late cancellation you were charged the next month. Just pay it off and don’t go through hell of arguments. Or fight it with state public utilities or public service commission via a google search and file a complaint. They may be able to assist 

I see you are in NY so http://www.dps.ny.gov is the site to visit.

0 Likes