False debt reported on my credit report
MALLORIEJ

In 2011, I signed up for Verizon home cable and internet.  I set an appointment to have cable installed and took the day off work to wait for the installer.  No one ever came to set up the cable/internet.  Verizon never contacted me to reschedule or explain why the installer never showed up, so I chose to go with a different provider.  I returned the equipment that was mailed to me to a Verizon store.  I still received a bill for a month of service even though no service was provided.  I've contacted Verizon several times over the last few years trying to resolve this issue, but the representatives could never find my account so the issue could not be resolved.  Verizon reported this debt on my credit report, which negatively impacted my credit.  Then Verizon sold my debt to a collection agency, who is currently reporting negatively on my credit report.  I've called Verizon again, but no one can find the account.  Even though I've explained all this to the Collection agency, they are still reporting negatively on my credit report.  This has been very stressful trying to resolve this issue, and I can't seem to get anyone to fix the false reports on my credit.

0 Likes
Re: False debt reported on my credit report
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes