FiOS Double Charged
nharward

Just got FiOS last month; first bill was due today. I was told I needed to make a payment and that my auto-enroll would kick in next month. So I paid my bill. But then my debit card was charged TWICE, once for a "One Time" payment and then again for a "Recurring" payment only an hour or so later. It has been impossible to get a hold of any representative to help me solve this.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Double Charged
jonjones1
Legend

@nharward wrote:

Just got FiOS last month; first bill was due today. I was told I needed to make a payment and that my auto-enroll would kick in next month. So I paid my bill. But then my debit card was charged TWICE, once for a "One Time" payment and then again for a "Recurring" payment only an hour or so later. It has been impossible to get a hold of any representative to help me solve this.

Call your bank have them reverse the payments. They will do so and you may have to fill out a form but it is faster than trying to get money back from Verizon.

cancel the auto pay now. Never give any company access to your funds. Never.

0 Likes
vaguy1231
Enthusiast - Level 1

Were you able to resolve this? If so, could you kindly share how you resolved it?

Did I understand you right that you paid X amount separately and then within a few hours they billed your bank X amount two times via auto pay?

I am a new FIOS customer too and my first bill just got generated and it is confusing whether auto pay is in effect or not. It says I am auto pay enrolled, but there is a note that says Auto pay will kick in from next month.

Don't want to go through what you went through. Thank you. Any idea what the late fees is if I just wait for Auto pay?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@vaguy123 wrote:

Were you able to resolve this? If so, could you kindly share how you resolved it?

Did I understand you right that you paid X amount separately and then within a few hours they billed your bank X amount two times via auto pay?

I am a new FIOS customer too and my first bill just got generated and it is confusing whether auto pay is in effect or not. It says I am auto pay enrolled, but there is a note that says Auto pay will kick in from next month.

Don't want to go through what you went through. Thank you. Any idea what the late fees is if I just wait for Auto pay?

The problem is auto pay is not a solution but a stepping off point for problems.

when you give any company access to your money or credit line you may end up in a mess that is harder to fix than just paying it via one time payment.

so auto pay is not set up yet and you pay your invoice, then bam the auto pay was set up and now it dings your account/credit card. This is now an over payment. It’s harder to deal with the vendor to get the money back. By the time you do in some cases it is into the next bill cycle. Not good. Or you have to have it reversed by your bank or credit card company which is faster but say Verizon then says you did not pay when they took out two payments.

cancel auto pay and just use the web or Fios app to make one time payments each month. 

0 Likes