FiOS Extender Erroneously Shipped.
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just when I thought I could put the G3100/E3200 issue behind me.

Part of the troubleshooting of the issue discussed in the FiOS Internet forum, resulted in the incorrect conclusion that one of my outright owned E3200s was defective.

The Verizon agent generated an order for me to pick up an extender that I will be leasing. I informed the agent that I would drive to a local Verizon store and pick-up the extender (which I did).

Well, this afternoon, UPS dropped off a box that was shipped from Verizon in Alburtis PA.

It took me all of 5 seconds to realize what is in the box without having opened it. So, now I'll have to contact Verizon Sales to have another agent put through a return order so I can drive the unopened shipping box to the Verizon store to have my account credited for this unneeded extender. šŸ˜ 

I suppose, while talking to the agent, I can take a few minutes to compare notes to make sure that Verizon & I are in sync.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiOS Extender Erroneously Shipped.
jonjones1
Legend

@dexman wrote:

I spoke with Meeka at Verizon Sales. After a quick summary of the situation, she checked the system and saw where I had picked-up the extender and that repair had requested that an extender be sent to the house.

She said to open the shipping box, take a picture of the return label, slap that label over the original label, seal up the box and take it to a local UPS store to have it shipped back.

I also took a few minutes to compare the hardware in the house with Verizon's records. Everything matches. Having said that, I will be keeping a close eye on the status of the delivery to make sure nothing "funny" happens. 

The extender was dropped off at a UPS shipping center this morning. Now we wait to make sure it gets back to PA.

Just make sure you have a valid tracking receipt. It has been known that Verizon likes to bill customers saying they never received it back (same as their wireless side) in which case once you have proof of the product being sent back and receipted it is not your responsibility it is between Verizon and the shipping company/receiving company.

keep all the tracking information and dates it was received. Also take the offensive and donā€™t get caught in their defensive mode. I can tell you more personally later if you need assistance.

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I spoke with Meeka at Verizon Sales. After a quick summary of the situation, she checked the system and saw where I had picked-up the extender and that repair had requested that an extender be sent to the house.

She said to open the shipping box, take a picture of the return label, slap that label over the original label, seal up the box and take it to a local UPS store to have it shipped back.

I also took a few minutes to compare the hardware in the house with Verizon's records. Everything matches. Having said that, I will be keeping a close eye on the status of the delivery to make sure nothing "funny" happens. 

The extender was dropped off at a UPS shipping center this morning. Now we wait to make sure it gets back to PA.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@dexman wrote:

Just make sure you have a valid tracking receipt. It has been known that Verizon likes to bill customers saying they never received it back (same as their wireless side) in which case once you have proof of the product being sent back and receipted it is not your responsibility it is between Verizon and the shipping company/receiving company.

keep all the tracking information and dates it was received. Also take the offensive and donā€™t get caught in their defensive mode. I can tell you more personally later if you need assistance.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yup....I took a picture of the return label before I slapped it on the shipping box.

The clerk at the UPS Store printed out a receipt and that is sitting on my desk. Will be checking on the progress sporadically until UPS shows it as being delivered.

Once that happens, a follow-up call to Verizon Sales will be placed to make sure that their system is updated accordingly.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

My monthly Verizon bill arrived today. Looks good. Only rentals (Internet-wise) are the router and one extender.

Closing out this topic.