File a complaint
Pinky_E

I am so frustrated and disappointed in Verizon. I’ve been a long time customer of Verizon and have always supported the product, until now.

I called three weeks ago to inquire about a lower rate on my plan as it was slowly creeping up and I was interested in a renewal offer. Unfortunately, all the rates were much higher than what I was paying so, I declined to renew at that time but, I inquired about swapping out a malfunctioning box. At which time I was repeatidly advised that there would be no change to my service. I was advised that my box was no longer in production and that one would need to be shipped to me or I could get the next best thing a base model hdmi/standard box and that I could pick it up from a Verizon store directly. Again, I was advised that there would not be any change to my bill and was advised to return the old box at the same time to avoid billing of a 3rd box. I was assured that as long as I retuned the box in a timely manner, that any additional box charges would drop off the account.

After having to return the first (new) box as it was not operational either and after navigating through Verizon’s automated world for two days, trying to get a live person to speak too instead of texting or being trapped on hold for endless hours, I was finally able to set up the box. And, I was sure my ordeal was over until I got my bill which is now $62 higher!!!! Once again, I now have to deal with the Verizon’s bots again, to try to get some clarity.

I called on Thursday(maybe Friday) and the first person I got(on the app) was useless, they listed about 5 new charges on my account due this ‘new equipment’ and when I inquired about it further, they just excessively applogized for the inconvenience and ‘made a note on my account’ and advised me to call Customer Service. Today, I call Customer Service and was on hold for 1 hr and 5 mins when the call just ended, the music stopped and call was terminated. Nice! I called again, pressed a few different prompts a got a live person. She reviewed the account and after I inquired about this $62  charge for swapping out a damaged box, she basically told me that I should have read the order form advising of the new charges when the order was processed and ignored what I told her, which was that the first two ppl I spoke to told me there would be no charges as long as I returned the box on time. She then continued to review the account and then said that those fees we’re b/c I changed my service and hadn’t been billed for any equipment charges. I clarified to her in that I did NOT change any services any simply just exchanged a damaged box and that I am having difficulty understanding how that action cost me $62 & requested to speak to a supervisor.

The Supervisor came on a repeated the same thing(obviously informed by the prior rep), basically advising that an error was made on their end as I was never charged equipment fees and they never waive those and now I was being charged that. I advised her that when I signed up (many years ago) equipment fees were waived as part of the promotion. She immediately shot that down and said Verizon never waives equipment fees basically, advised me to deal with it!

This whole thing started b/c I called in looking for a lower price than the monthly charge of $177 that I was paying, so I don’t know why anyone would expect me to now pay $240, for the same service!! There was a lack of understanding of this basic concept and instead the Supervisor stuck to her script and offered no compromises or solutions, not even a new plan. Nothing!

Since, it was clear that my loyalty was not appreciated at all, I cancelled my service which is unfortunate b/c that was not the purpose of my call but, if I’m not valued as a customer then why stay when there are other (cheaper) options out there.  

Hoping for a better resolution!

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: File a complaint
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Pinky_E,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Re: File a complaint

I agree with all of the complaints I see. Unfortunately I am unable to currently log a complaint with Verizon as the website will only allow me to mail in a complaint. All I will say is Verizon has lied to me numerous about the amount left on my phone payoff. The several employee I have spoken to over the past year have given me different answers and I simply feel as if being a customer isn't valued at all. I am overcharged for mediocre service and I simply cannot wait to get this situation resolved so that I can move my business to spectrum. Anyone who reads this you should look into the same. They have much cheaper service for just as good coverage, as well as much improved customer service. 

0 Likes