Filing a Complaint
nana20191
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to attempt to resolve this with Verizon directly before I go to the BBB. I've been a customer of Verizon for over 4 years. I've only had internet with them and originally I had a 2 year contract and then after that I went to a month to month arrangement. My "special price" was about to expire in 4 months, and I needed to decide if I was going to continue with Verizon based on what they could offer me or if I would have to go with another provider. I went to my verizon deals within my account and they were offering (if i took a 2 year contract) an upgrade to 100mps for $59.99 + $12 modem rental, which would be $71.99 + tax monthly. This offer also included 1 year of Amazon Prime free and an Amazon Echo. Even though it was a little more than what I am paying now, I thought it was an awesome deal. I did the order, while processing my order the promps informed me that I had 30 days to cancel the upgrade, which I wasn't going to do because I found it to be a pretty good deal. They upgraded my speed on Friday and done. I wanted to check when I would get my Amazon prime and the echo and within the receipt it just said I would get the echo (which to be honest I didn't even care for, all I wanted was the year of prime for free), but it didn't say anything about the year of free prime. I contacted Verizon's customer service through chat and spoke with a CSR called Harsh.  I expained all I mentioned above while stressing that the reason why I chose this upgrade with a 2 year contract was because of the free prime for a year. Harsh came back and told me that that prime is not available with standalone internet and that i would only get the echo. I tell him that it was what Verizons website deals that were offered specifically to me said I would get both things. He repeated the same thing, in which I told him that the only reason i did the upgrade and put myself in a 2 year contract was because of the internet upgrade and that prime was being offered free for a year. I confirmed with him that I was told I could cancel the upgrade within 30 days as it was stated when i did the order. He says and I quote: "I would like to inform you that you cancel the order within 24hrs after placing it and as you are already in a 2 year agreement it will cost you $165 cancellation fee if you cancel the services as of now". I wasn't in a 2 year agreement, I was month to month. I told him this was false advertisement, he said it was miscommunication. I mean,  why would I make something like this up? This is clearly false advertisment and I want this resolved now or I will go to the BBB. It upsets me that they will go to great lenghts for potential customers, but those that have been loyal to them for years, who have been making them money, they treat them subpar. It's enfuriating.

Re: Filing a Complaint
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi nana2019,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes