Filing a formal complaint
TL19

To Whom it May Concern:

For over a decade I have been a Verizon/Fios customer for cable and internet for multiple properties that I either owned, owned and rented out to tenants, or rented myself, and I continue to be a Verizon wireless phone customer.

I owned a property where I had Verizon Fios internet, cable, and a landline phone line.  I sold this property in September 18, 2017, and I therefore canceled my Verizon services at the property that same month.  

*I will be happy to provide documentation of the home sale as proof.

It wasn’t until August of 2019 I found out that while Verizon did indeed shut off cable and internet for the account, it continued to charge me $45.27 per month to for a landline phone.  I called Verizon and after the usual hours of time spent going through phone trees and impolite customer service reps, I was told that for the time being, they could only refund me three months’ worth of the charges (and I indeed have been sent a $134.40 refund check as of September 8, 2019) but that I would have to call back “at the next billing cycle” to take care of the rest.

I therefore called Verizon on September 10, 2019, and they said they would not send the rest of the money (roughly 20 months) for services that I did not receive, at a house that I did not even own.  

You have records showing that I canceled my Fios services in September 2017, and I have the proof showing I sold the home in September 2017.  

I request that you refund to me immediately the money that was charged for the SERVICES I NEVER RECEIVED AT A HOME THAT I DIDN’T OWN, RENT, OR LIVE AT.

Background in Relation to Acct Issue

*Verizon Services at Property: Internet, Cable, and Landline Phone

*Date Canceled Services: September 2017

*Reason for Cancelation: Property sale

Issue:

Verizon canceled the Internet and Cable, but NEGLECTED TO STOP LANDLINE PHONE

Verizon therefore continued to auto-debit my account $45.27 per month over 23 months 

0 Likes
Re: Filing a formal complaint
jonjones1
Legend

I don’t work for verizon, however the one service rep had made a good point.

you should have looked at your monthly invoices.

we as consumers must pay attention to what is being charged. You cannot say its theft if you were being sent billing documents.

try to make verizon see the issue via the billing department.

good luck

0 Likes
NeoDavid

That logic fails for any number of reasons.

Correcting someone for having their pocket picked and then trusting the pocket picker over the victim, assumes so many things, and ignores the simplicity of the fact that Verizon messed up and needed to fix it immediately.

I can think of many reasons a person would not receive an invoice, whether e-mail or usps.

As he said,

It wasn’t until August of 2019 I found out that while Verizon did indeed shut off cable and internet for the account, it continued to charge me $45.27 per month to for a landline phone.

I don't know where you saw that a tech made the point you bring up, but he did not mention it in his letter, but that would also invalidate and makes your response non-sequitur.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The advise of calling the billing department or reading the invoice was and is the correct response.

a person doesn’t just pay invoices Willy nilly.

customers when they see a wrong invoice call the verizon billing department that is how you deal with your monthly invoices.

don’t blame verizon.

0 Likes
Tiesha

Where can we file a complaint to headquarters about the service we are receiving at verizon fios.  Tried to open an account and spoke to 5 people and they were very incompetent.  

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

https://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios

send an email to one of the executives which triggers the executive escalations department to contact you.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes