Final Bill Complaint: Now escalating to BBB
The8treKott

Verizon is a piece of work.

We wanted to cancel our triple play and switch to internet only. Were looking at other providers, but Verizon convinced us that since we liked the service, we should close the existing accoung (in my name) and open a NEW CUSTOMER account in my spouse's name. After repeatedly questioning the agent as to whether or not we would owe money, and being told that NO, VERIZON BILLS IN ADVANCE, WE WOULD NOT OWE ANY MONEY, we decided to stay with Verizon, and do as they suggested, and end the service in my name and open a new account with internet only in my spouse's name (nice little scam they have going there, to keep up their "new customer" numbers). 

We ended our triple play service 3 days EARLY on our contract - meaning Verizon technically owes ME money back - as that was when a tech was available to come and intstall the new upgraded equipment. Fine. Works great. Happy.

Until I get the "final bill". For over $180.00. Call Verizon. Am told by an agent to "ignore the first two bills" so their "billing can catch up". Recieved more paper bills. Then the phone calls started. Called Verizon AGAIN, and was told to "ignore the calls" that were trying to collect my "Final payment". Fine. Calls and paper bills eventually stopped (I believe the last call I recieved was late September.)

The switch was made at the end of JUNE, 2019. It is now NOVEMBER. And I just recieved notice from a collections company. 

You've got to be kidding me. 

I will be reporting this sham of a business practice to the BBB. I will also be writing a letter to corporate. This is just a ridiculous way to treat loyal customers who have used Verizon for service for over 10 years, and who placed trust in a company to speak truthfully when re-upping for new service, under a different household member's name. We absolutely should have switched to the other company. 

0 Likes
Re: Final Bill Complaint: Now escalating to BBB
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi The8treKott,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes