Final Billing - Refund Check
iamholland

I received my final bill about a month ago. My final bill showed that I am owed a credit. How long does it take to process/send the refund check to me? Do I have to initiate this refund or will they eventually send it automatically?

0 Likes
Re: Final Billing - Refund Check
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@iamholland wrote:

I received my final bill about a month ago ... I am owed a credit. How long does it take to process/send the refund check to me? Do I have to initiate this refund or will they eventually send it automatically?

I cannot speak for VZ Communications (FiOS) but when I recently had a credit with VZ Wireless, it was necessary to speak to Customer Service (and provide the old account number and invoice number) to initiate the refund process.  I eventually got a check in the mail for the correct amount after a wait of 3 or 4 weeks.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

99,9% of the time it will be refunded automatically.  But I wouldn't wait in case your in that .1%.

I closed my account in April and received the final billing statement in June. I called about my refund and was told that I needed to wait 2 months. Now it it September and I have called about my refund. I have been re-routed to Florida and New Jersey on the phone-- then a busy signal. I appears that no one is there to help.

0 Likes
airjay81
Enthusiast - Level 3

I receommend seeing my story on this topic here:  http://forums.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon-Account-Residential/Verizon-Customer-Service-From-Hell/td-p/...

My advice is to first dispute the last charge on your credit card you paid to Verizon (assuming you paid with a credit card) and see if they will give you an instant refund.  Hopefully, that will zero out the account and Verizon will never "issue" you a refund check.

If that option doesn't work, I recommend filing a dispute with your local Better Business Bureau.  I did this and was contacted by someone who was very nice and that I could reach with just a quick phone call (no waiting on hold).

If you read my story, I caution against pursuing both of these options at the same time.  In my case, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and shortly thereafter (before I was contacted by Verizon) filed the dispute on my credit card.  Pursuing both routes resulted in a credit to my credit card, an alleged refund check being issued that I never received, and a bill from Verizon for the amount of the refund check.

0 Likes
Mmm98225

It is taking FOREVER!  I closed my account at the beginning of October 2014 and I received a bill with an Amount Due of $.00 and a refund owed to me and it STILL IS NOT MY FINAL BILL!  I keep getting ridiculous e-mails telling me that my account is visible online, I have made NUMEROUS calles EVERY MONTH since SEPTEMBER 2014 to try to get Verizon to STOP sending me anything but my refund and nothing that I have requested AND THEY HAVE AGREED TO is happening.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mmm98225,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your final bill. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes