Fios Bundle Term Acceptance for No Contract Plan
Not applicable

I've been trying to change my service for the past three hours, and have finally gotten to the endpoint only to find a shady Terms of Service that I must agree to. I have gone back multiple times to make sure that I am selecting the No Contract option, and yet when I get to Step 4 (Install), I am required to agree to the following "FIOS BUNDLE TERM ACCEPTANCE" which reads as follows:

"I understand that by placing my order today, I am agreeing to maintain my bundled services for a minimum of 24 months and that an Early Termination Fee of up to $360 will apply if I cancel my services early.  I further understand that the prorated early termination fee of $360 will be reduced by $15 for each full month toward my minimum term that I complete.

You must read and agree to the following bundle acceptance statement to continue with your order.

"

Frankly, I don't feel comfortable just clicking this agreement for obvious reasons. Out of all the searching I've done for similar situations, all I could find were instances in which people could swear they selected no contract options, yet ended up having to pay ETFs (bait-and-switching). Has anyone come across this before?

0 Likes
Re: Fios Bundle Term Acceptance for No Contract Plan
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes