Fios bill higher than promised - deceitful and misleading
richardsp10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last month I decided to upgreade my Fios Tv and internet and discussed with the verison rep on the phone what exactly my bill was going to be every month and I stressed the pointh that I did not want to pay any higher than the agreed upon price.

When I recieved my first bill I expected to pay the extra $20-30 increase that was promised over the phone (although it was a partial month bill so maybe even expected a little bit less). 

I was shocked to see that my bill had gone up an additional $100 from what I was paying previously. I immediately felt like I had gotten the old "bait and switch" tactic bestowned upon me and couldn't believe after how much I stressed to the rep on my initial conversation that I was being charged for a laundry list of items that were never mentioned to me.

I called in after recieving my ridiculously overcharged bill, and spoke to another customer service rep who explained to me what all the extra charges came from which were credits and debits and prorations (which none made any sense) from previous service and new service that somehow added up to over 70$ more than my promised bill.  Had this been mentioned to me I would have never upgraded my service.  I would go even further and say that I was lied to in order for Verizon to sell a service upgrade.  Now all they have done to resolve is say "Im sorry nobody told you about those charges."

In my opinion this is fraunulent business practice for Verizon to allow this to continue as after reading many other postings related to the same issue it seems to be happening every day.

I have been a loyal verizon cuistomer for over 15 years and mow have formed a very negative opinion of verizon service that I will share with everyone I know.

Re: Fios bill higher than promised - deceitful and misleading
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi richardsp10,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

mcginnbl
Enthusiast - Level 2

A lot of us are in the same boat as you.  I would recommend sending a complaint to the BBB.  It is very simple. 

citizennnn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Similar problem here.   After first year, my second year (still under agreement) was supposed to increase $10.  But my bill went from $121 to about $150+ (can't remember exact amounts).  After much debate and digging with customer service, I was informed I had initially been talked into more equipment than we really needed and for the second year, the extra DVR box was no longer covered either (another $20+).  End result (last summer) was that customer service told me that rather than force me to swap out the box I was using, he would go into my account month and delete an extra $10 from my bill manually at billng time.  (And as a courtesy, gave me some premium channels we didn't really want or need).   For about 3 months, I would receive voicemails from the customer service rep informing me that he had made the adjustment to my bill, and I would pay the lesser amount -- no problem.  

After about 3 months, I noticed no more voicemail messages, and my bills were up again.  I tried paying the lesser amount, assuming the manual correction would eventually catch up.  Even tried calling customer service again.  But NO!  THe extra amount was tacked on every month thereafter and was quickly mounting as an unpaid portion.  After 2 or 3 separate, lengthy, frustrating, FRUITLESS calls to customer service, I was told that those 3 months were a limited action (no logical reason given) - and that for the remainder of my contract, I was expected to pay the extra charges.  Believe me .... if I could have quit Verizon then and there without penalty, it would have been a done deal.  I've been biting the bullet since last summer, reluctanlty paying the higher rate.  NOW it's time to renew.  Well, Verizon.... you'd better make me an offer I can't refuse - 'cause as much as I've always LOVED 'my verizon,' we may be parting ways reeeeal soon.  Like, in WEEKS.

As much as I hate changes, and as much as I've loved Verizon in the past,  as a "new customer" to other sources, I may find more for less - since Verizon doesn't seem to give much weight to loyalty-

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi citizennnn,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your billing. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
citizennnn
Enthusiast - Level 2

If any good comes of it, I'll be sure to post ... but I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.

0 Likes
citizennnn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good thing I didn't hold my breath!!  still waiting....waiting....waiting.  Did YOU hear from them?

0 Likes
richardsp10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still nothing.  This is unacceptabe service. 

0 Likes
richardsp10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whe  should I expect someopne to reach out to me about my issue?

Its been 4 days and all I got is your generic response that you say to anyone that has posted a complaint.  Doesnt make me feel like a valued customer.  Maybe I should look to another provider for help?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi richardsp10,

Thanks for letting us know.  We are following up to make sure you are contacted.

0 Likes