Fios defective boxes replacement and customer service questions
nmkrayer

Good evening,

At the time of writing this email I have been on the phone with Verizon Fios customer service fo 1 hour and 19 minutes. You would think the reason for the call was a very difficult or complex issue. It isn't. I have two defective cable boxes and am simply asking that the two defective boxes be replaced with two boxes that actually work. I have talked with four representatives in the last 1 hour 19 minutes and still do not have a resolution. I am getting ready to hang up because I have been on hold for 20 minutes. I think your representative purposely put me on hold insead of transferring me as he said he would do. I am requesting that someone please contact me to help. I think it would also be prudent for someone in your organization to pull the call to see why the call was handled this way. The second part is a merely a suggestion. It may prevent further customers from feeling the way I feel right now which is wondering why I switched to Verizon from Comcast and contemplating paying the buy out just so I will never have to deal with Verizon Fios horrible customer service again. Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Fios defective boxes replacement and customer service questions
oaknell

I have to agree, customer service is almost non-existent!

On many occasions I have attempted to get explanations for my constantly rising bills over the years and have never received a truly understandable response! If only their competition would provide comparable TV quality, I would surely be an ex-customer.

Verizon's current "half-fast" ads claiming that uploads are as fast as downloads is at best a deception; how can they explain my 50/35 plan which I pay extra for along with the cost up upgraded routers?

I believe their first priority is to squeeze as much money as possible from their customers with no regard for customer service!

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

@nmkrayer wrote:
Good evening,

At the time of writing this email I have been on the phone with Verizon Fios customer service fo 1 hour and 19 minutes. You would think the reason for the call was a very difficult or complex issue. It isn't. I have two defective cable boxes and am simply asking that the two defective boxes be replaced with two boxes that actually work. I have talked with four representatives in the last 1 hour 19 minutes and still do not have a resolution. I am getting ready to hang up because I have been on hold for 20 minutes. I think your representative purposely put me on hold insead of transferring me as he said he would do. I am requesting that someone please contact me to help. I think it would also be prudent for someone in your organization to pull the call to see why the call was handled this way. The second part is a merely a suggestion. It may prevent further customers from feeling the way I feel right now which is wondering why I switched to Verizon from Comcast and contemplating paying the buy out just so I will never have to deal with Verizon Fios horrible customer service again. Thank you.

The odds that 2 cable boxes are bad at the same time is very high. What is the trouble that you are having with each box?

0 Likes
skasol
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to agree, I am a new subscriber and on Top of charging me for things they didn't mentioned like Activation fee and installation I am too finding that my speed isn't what I am paying for . I am paying for 150/150 and not once have I gotten that. I am already looking for other providers for when my 2 year contract is up.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

To get 150/150 only certain ONT models qualify. What model do you have? You need to have ethernet from the ONT to the router. You need an Actiontec Rev. I or Fios Quantum Gateway. The final thing is that the computer be hard-wired to the router and the computer needs a gig NIC card in it. What is the trouble you are have with the STBs?

0 Likes
skasol
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get 150 hardwire on my iMac but isn't consistent.

0 Likes
skasol
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wireless it works fine during the morning. Evening. It drops to about 20. Tried different channels on my quantum gateway router. Finally found out how to go about using my own router. Asus ac2400 and will try that next.

0 Likes
texasmike
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel your pain.  Within 24 hours of my Fios installation I knew something was wrong.  Pixelation and 'skipping' on the DVR.  My wife and I spent weeks talking with customer service and their insistance that we could solve the problem following their instructions.

Eventually I found a way to reach the people that did the installation and they were more than happy to come back out and make it right (but why was it so hard to get back in touch with them?????).

Someone came out worked on it for about an hour, had to call another technician to come out, and eventually got it set-up.  Why did I spend hours with Verizon customer service on the phone being told I coudl fix it????

To top it all off, I requested a credit for the time that it was not working correctly.  Billing at Verizon told me that I had to pay because I had signed a contract and it did not matter at all that the installation was not done correctly.  Apparently at Verizon, all they have to do is make an attempt at installation to start charging.

0 Likes
FreedomOne

I feel your pain, I contact Verizon about closed captions issue. My sister is deaf so I had to do all the communications via live help, emails and phone.

I wondered why someone who has heavy accent and "probably" lives 3000 plus miles away is communicating with me? This is so stupid on Verizon part.

Bottom line...closed caption issue has not been solved, very disappointed with Verizon service!

0 Likes
Boop0076

I was also on for over two hours trying to get a replacement Fios mini box. The first two hours I was connected with digital helpers, no human! They kept sending me out a new signal. I was getting nowhere! Had me going through the settings on my box. I kept losing the voice on my tv. Tv was fine. I had to unplug the box for about thirty seconds and the voice would come back when it went through its sequences. After screaming "representative" I finally got a technician. He made me go through all the same steps. He even wanted me to unhook the bedroom box and swap it with the one with the problem. I told him the box always worked until the last four months and I was tired of unplugging it and waiting while it went through its sequences! He fought me tooth and nail but finally agreed to send a new box! I received it and connected it and do far all is well! 

0 Likes