Fios renewal price
DoonNicolas

My Contract is comming to an end and I am planning to renew it. My current service is 50/50 fios internet + Fios preferred hd tv. The total monthly payment is $124. I called a representative and told me to renew my current services the price will increase to $154 per month which is not what i was expecting.

I am happy with the service and I am looking for a 2 year contract. The prices offered in the website for triple play with 150/150 are $79.99 but are not available for existing customer. I understand that situation to atract new custmer but I was expecting at least an attempt to retain a loyal customer allowing me at minumum to continue paying the same or the possibility to change my service, none of those happened.

The representative told me that "the system doesn´t allow or not offer any deal" and  the only option I have is to keep my services paying $154, which I am not wiling to pay for 50/50 + tv.

0 Likes
Re: Fios renewal price
Sramsey11

I think the issue is that when you called them they said the price would be higher if you renew.

You want to log onto your account and choose retain agreement. This should keep what you have, hence retain agreement and the price.

Renew is like this contract expired, lets sign up for a new one...a prices changed.

I did this the last time. i have what you have but my bill is under $100 with taxes...oh i dont have phone.

You need to call and threaten to cancel. What sucks is if you call your bluff and then you do, they will give you what you want, but by then it is too late.

I think that is my plan. The local cable provider has no contracts and i'm going to sign up. Then cancel and sign up with Fios as a new customer when i can. If i can get 1GIG downloads and pay cheaper then what i have now.....i'll do the dance and deal with the hassel.

(Fios 1GIG network was just announced in my area limited)

0 Likes
PeterK

Here is a slightly different take on the renewal game.  Our contract expired, the discounts continued and the price did not go up.   Since we now stream everything we have no need for the cables boxes, DVR and phone.  We just need internet.  However to stay at the same internet speed we have now (75/75) w/o a contract is $94.99 / month.  New customers can get Gig-E speed for $79.99 / month.  I can get 100 Mb cable for $49 / month. 

I always thought retaining existing customers was cheaper than acquiring new ones.  Must be a really interesting business model.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@kapinos wrote:

Here is a slightly different take on the renewal game.  Our contract expired, the discounts continued and the price did not go up.   Since we now stream everything we have no need for the cables boxes, DVR and phone.  We just need internet.  However to stay at the same internet speed we have now (75/75) w/o a contract is $94.99 / month.  New customers can get Gig-E speed for $79.99 / month.  I can get 100 Mb cable for $49 / month. 

I always thought retaining existing customers was cheaper than acquiring new ones.  Must be a really interesting business model.

The revenue per subscriber is what their business model is. First most customers who are already up and running will not want to jump to another provider. So to make up for those teaser prices they offer new customers Verizon raises the prices to as high as they can get whenever they can get it. 

Now in certain areas of the country that has Fios available it may also have cable internet at cheaper prices.

New gigabyte service via online new customer is $69.99 internet only, $74.99 for internet & phone, and $79.99 for their triple play of gigabyte internet, phone and select tv. This is good for 2 years. But the $15 discount falls off in 1 year, the $25 dollar discount #2 falls off after year two. But the $60 discount on gigabyte is for life.

but if you are wired for both services like we are at our home, just take a walk to another provider. Don’t feel sorry for leaving. They will cry later to get you back.

0 Likes
Nickname1234

What will my renewal price be if I renew

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Nickname1234 wrote:

What will my renewal price be if I renew

There is no real way of knowing since you would have to call for that pricing.

1-800-VERIZON just remember if you read this thread you know it will not be new customer pricing.

its also advisable to go non contract. In certain customers situation Fios does not just raise the price after your contract ends. However if you don’t get an email stating the price is raising don’t call or chat or email to alert them to do so.

i am internet only with no contract. The highest it can go is $112 and if Verizon Fios should try and raise me I will drop them and go back to cable broadband.

i don’t bargain nor will I play these beg for better pricing. If my $112 is not good enough then they lose it all together.

but Verizon has been pretty good to me over the years. Maybe I am just lucky 😀

0 Likes
Penn56

I'm in the same boat as you I just went through that yesterday speaking with a representative

0 Likes