Formal Complaint: Fios Service to Date
scs710
As a long-time Verizon Wireless customer, I am extremely dissatisfied with my Fios service since I signed up for it in Mid-July. Specifically, I have had a horrific experience with the installation process and billing process to date as outlined below. 

Installation Process
--First, I signed up for installation through your website for installation on a Friday from 8-1 PM. The technician was very late and when he arrived he noted that there was some sort of weak signal and he could not do an installation that day. He confirmed his next step was to put in a ticket and have the signal issue resolved and then have someone come out for the installation soon after.

--After not hearing back from anyone at Verizon, I called back only to find that there was no record of our ticket and nothing had happened. After being passed along from department to department and being on hold for long durations each time, the tech department noted that they would fix the signal issue by 1 PM the following day and we would receive a phone call to confirm it was done and when someone could be sent to install our service which the technician noted would be within 28-48 hours after

--I DID NOT receive a phone call at 1 PM the following day as promised and called back to find out the status. I was told that the tech team was not available and was closed that we would have to wait 1-2 days to find out what happened. Soon after, my husband called to follow up and received a totally different update that the signal was fixed but we would have to wait another week to have the installation done. When we asked for the installation  to be expedited given our experience to date, we were told we'd have to wait and it was unlikely but they'd see what was possible. After several follow-up calls and being on hold over and over again, we finally received an appointment 2 days later.

--The technician who came to install our service was extremely professional and kind, but appeared to face many roadblocks (which even frustrated him) due to the fact that our order being put in incorrectly and not tracked properly. He even noted, "Wow… they've really messed this one up for you guys." The installation took him 5-6 hours where he called other Verizon folks to get answers since the information he received was not correct. Specifically related to our Cable TV Service, the order number was not present so there was an activation fail that occurred when he tried to automatically install it. Luckily, he was able to work around it and manually install us, but it took him several hours to do so. 
An overall lack of communication and poor tracking of the order is clear given the events listed above. This in inturn appears to have resulted in major billing failure with the first bill I received as noted below: 

Billing Process
--My first bill arrived and was completely incorrect reflecting a Double Play package, rather than the Triple Play. I contacted a Customer Service representative (who was very friendly) who noted that major mistakes were indeed made and the bill did not reflect the services I had. He plans to follow up with me once my next bill is issued to determine how best to move forward and get it corrected. 

--When I went to pay this incorrect bill online, I received errors that my card had been declined. I called my card provider who noted that it was not the card and no purchase had even been received or transmitted. Therefore, I once again called your customer service line and waited on hold for a long time. The representative I spoke to was very nice, but could not tell me why the internet payment was not working. She then credited my account $3.50 so I could make the payment via phone without paying the fee. Although this was very nice of her to do, it is just another hoop I had to jump through in this entire process with Fios. 

As a long-time Verizon customer, I expect far superior service than having to call countless times and wait on hold for hours to get action to resolve things that should be turnkey, such as installation and billing. This is absolutely ridiculous and makes me want to switch not only my Cable/Internet/Phone provider, but my Wireless as well since there are countless choices out in the market. I hope you are able to remedy this in some way.
0 Likes
Re: Formal Complaint: Fios Service to Date
scs710

It's been over a week and nobody has responded to this. It is utterly ridiculous that I have to go to these lengths to get a response for poor service. 

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
scs710

I followed the link to the chat in the direct messagee I received. The agent told me they would resolve my full complaint within a "few hours" yesterday and repost to the forum. It has been 24 hours with a response that does not solve the issue. This is utterly ridiculous and I want a resolution as promised - today. 

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

scs710,

We were able to correct the billing errors on your account as well as send a tech to ensure your internet and Video On Demand features are working properly. At this time we are closing your Private Support Case. If you have any other questions or concerns about your service please feel free to make a new post and we will be happy to help in every way that we can.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes