Fraudulent Billing and CSR wonderfulness...
stroodlebug03
Enthusiast - Level 2
We previously had FIOS at our home under my wife's name for a period of 2 years. On Sunday March 09, service was transferred over to my name (new account with a 2 year contract). In speaking with the technician  who came over because I was told I could not do a self-install and would need a technician, he asked us to keep the same equipment as it was already in place (router + 1 DVR + 2 HD boxes). He transferred the equipment over to my new account using his tablet, and I assumed that was the end of that.
Fast forward to a couple of weeks, and I notice my first bill has a charge of $95 (First phone jack install), split into 2 charges of $47.50 for the first two bills. 

I call customer service on 3/19 and am told the charge was an error and would be removed, and I should expect a new bill in 5-7 business days. I wait but there is no new bill that is generated. Account is due on 4/6, so I wait and wait. 

On 4/7, I call customer service (after a very frustrating chat session with Verizon customer service), and am told the technician who came out to my house apparently put in the charge for the phone jack install. 

To put this in context, we are in new construction, and have the home pre-wired for data and phone (cat-6 through the house). Every room has at least 1 phone jack, sometimes 2. In addition to that, we've had a phone line with FIOS in my wife's account for the last 2 years which we have been using. 

I ask the CSR to tell me where this magical phone jack is, which I have no recollection of the technician installing because 1) I was with him the whole time and 2) he did not install a phone jack in a house which is overly pre-wired and 3) I think I would notice if the technician had installed a phone jack in my house.

He tells me its a one-time charge so it is sustainable and I should pay it!! It's not a matter of a measly $100 but principle, and why I should be donating money to Verizon when the work was not required, and moreover was not performed either!!

Either ways, he logs my complaint and tells me he will get bac to me the next day...and of course, no response. I call Verizon a couple of days later, and the CSR tells me he sees the note in the account regarding the dispute, and will contact the CSR to get an update, and I should hear from Verizon in the next 5 business days. Of course, no response, and the $95 is still due on my account (everything else is paid except for the $95 which is disputed). I contact Verizon today (4/29/2014) and the CSR tells me there is no update to the account, and they haven't received a response. I'm told the typical response time is 24-48 hours, but if its backlogged, it can be 3-4 days. 

Simply put, I disputed the charge for a charge for $95 for a phone jack that was never requested and never installed. I first disputed the charge on 03/19/2014, its now been 40+ days, and the amount is still "disputed". The part I don't understand is how difficult can it be to call a technician, and ask him if he installed a phone jack, and if so, where was it put....give me his number and I'll call him myself...
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fraudulent Billing and CSR wonderfulness...
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi stroodlebug,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

stroodlebug03
Enthusiast - Level 2

just to add, I would have posted this sooner, but the forums were unavailable for registration due to an "outage"...

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi stroodlebug,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Glad we could assist you with your service! Let us know if you ever have another issue by posting on these public boards.

Best,

Art

jeme624
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happened to us.  We were billed for a $321 labor charge, no disclosure.  It is a fraud!

0 Likes
jcleveland1

Lawrence could you also have someone look at my account I was also billed for a cut drop and it was not even buried it was run though the back of a hedgerow so when i was trimming the hedgerow I cut the drop.

I am getting the run around about who I need to talk to to get this remedied.

THanks

Justin

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

jcleveland,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

jcleveland,

We have closed your private support case due to no response from you. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

jcleveland,

We have reopened your private support case after receiving your secured update for your information. Please refer to the private thread for further updates.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

jcleveland,

We didn't hear back from you on your Private Support case. We're glad we could assist in resolving this issue for you.

If you need further assistance, feel free to make a new post in the public Forums. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Ali Adam

0 Likes