Fraudulent Contract Extension, Verizon Takes Advantage of Senior Citizens
Unhappy62

My father called Verizon 6 days ago to see if our bill could be lowered.   We had just finished our 2 year contract in January.  The representative removed HBO, which resulted in our bill being lowered, and then lowered our internet from 100/100 to 50/50 without telling my father. The representative signed us up for a 2 year contract without ever telling my father.  We are now paying over $100 for a "triple play," which is 50/50 internet, local tv, and a home phone. 

When I called to have the plan altered, we don't need local tv, or a phone line, just internet, I was told that there would have to be an early termination fee. An early termination fee for what?!  This fraudulent contract was 6 days old, and I wasn't even leaving the company, I just wanted an internet based plan. I was told, sure, but you'll have to upgrade to a new modem now, and that'll be an extra $12.00. Why do I need to upgrade to a new modem for the same exact speeds that I had previously?!

When I explained that I just needed the plan altered to fit my family's needs better, the representative stated, "well your father never should have called. A contract is a contract. Pay that early termination fee and then you'll just have internet like you wanted."

We used to be happy with Verizon, been customers for 43 years, but this is absolutely ridiculous!  

WARNING TO EVERYONE! BE AWARE THAT BASICALLY EVERYTIME YOU SPEAK TO THEM, THEY ARE GOING TO EXTEND YOUR CONTRACT AND THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU ABOUT IT!

0 Likes
Re: Fraudulent Contract Extension, Verizon Takes Advantage of Senior Citizens
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Unhappy6,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes