Customers With Disabilities
 
quick menu

Fraudulent charges from ILD (Compufix) added to my Verizon bill...

Reply
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Posts: 1,759
Registered: ‎05-22-2010

Re: Fraudulent charges from ILD (Compufix) added to my Verizon bill...

Message 11 of 15 (897 Views)

It may be stupid, but verizon is obligated to honor these 3rd party charges unless you take action to tell them you don't want such charges.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Posts: 5,571
Registered: ‎09-24-2008

Re: Fraudulent charges from ILD (Compufix) added to my Verizon bill...

Message 12 of 15 (888 Views)

tns wrote:

But verizon is obligated to honor these 3rd party charges unless you take action to tell them you don't want such charges.


but why?

 

Thanks.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.


 

Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Posts: 1,759
Registered: ‎05-22-2010

Re: Fraudulent charges from ILD (Compufix) added to my Verizon bill...

Message 13 of 15 (879 Views)

dslr595148 wrote:

tns wrote:

But verizon is obligated to honor these 3rd party charges unless you take action to tell them you don't want such charges.


but why?

 

Thanks.


Federal and local regulations under which they have to operate.

 

Yep complain to Congress and your local representives. 

Gold Contributor VII
Posts: 5,571
Registered: ‎09-24-2008

Re: Fraudulent charges from ILD (Compufix) added to my Verizon bill...

Message 14 of 15 (866 Views)

tns wrote:

dslr595148 wrote:

tns wrote:

But verizon is obligated to honor these 3rd party charges unless you take action to tell them you don't want such charges.


but why?

 

Thanks.


Federal and local regulations under which they have to operate.

 

Yep complain to Congress and your local representives. 


Ok.

 

#1 How can users find who their local representives are?

 

#2 Can users wrtte online to their local representives?

 

Please tell more.

 

Thanks,

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.


 

Contributor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎09-24-2011

Re: Fraudulent charges from ILD (Compufix) added to my Verizon bill...

Message 15 of 15 (814 Views)

I just had those same charges on my Verizon bill... I called Compufix.. and got voicemail.. so I called Verizon...

 

The Verizon agent agreed to remove the charges right away... but she said that it's possible that Compufix has already submitted a charge for next month.. .so it may take 2 more months of this to clean it up...

 

She also said that they got HER Verizon line as well... What a nightmare!

 

My Verizon

  • Check Email
  • Add or Change Services
  • Suspend My Service
  • Manage Services

Support

Watch Fios