Switch Account

Fraudulent practice by Verizon

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Fraudulent practice by Verizon

Message 1 of 2
(647 Views)

On December 28, 2017 I contacted Verizon regarding the service issues. Without my knowledge apparently the phone call was transferred to the sales, and rather than assisting my service call, the Verizon representative suggested that I should change my router for the better one without any extra charges.  I agreed, and Verizon sent me the new router.  Apparently without my knowledge, this representative extended my contract for two years, without me knowing, that I would lose my discounts during the next 24 months.  In the March 2018 I noticed a new charge on my bill and called Verizon customer service.  The Verizon customer service manager, Mary Ellen, whom I spoke on the phone, stated that increases in charges were discussed with me, and I agreed to them. To call it misrepresentation would be an understatement. At no time, the sales person on the December 28, 2017 phone call had discussed it with me, and I would have certainly never agreed to the increase in monthly charges.  May Ellen also claimed that subsequent email was sent to me, I opened it and agreed to the charges.  Again, I never received any emails from Verizon regarding the updates in the monthly contract.  All of that looks a lot like a fraudulent practice on a part of Verizon.  I want to discontinue my services with Verizon, and never deal with this company.  I also want all fraudulent charges to be refunded.

By the way the new router is by far inferior to the old one.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Fraudulent practice by Verizon

Message 2 of 2
(641 Views)

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.