Fraudulently charged $190+ for installation and upgrade
ak_1990

I am writing to let all customers know of the fraudulent techniques Verizon uses to charge customers for upgrade and installation charges. I got Verizon FIOS starting May 31st 2017 and then in 10 days, I decided to upgrade my internet because their 50MBS internet was just too slow.

I called up Verizon and got connected to a representative who gave me a bundle package. After a discussion, she EXPLICITLY mentioned that she would waive off all one time charges including upgrade and installation charges (which is $100 for a visit!!). I agreed to get the upgrade after she agreed to waive those charges. Next thing, I receive an email while I am on the phone that this will be my monthly charge and below that was the first month's ESTIMATE which showed the one time charges on it. I asked the representative and she said she has made a note to waive it off and I need not worry about it. The next bill I received was showing a $50 installation charge + $90 upgrade charge, the following bill had another $50 installation charge which was the second installmnet apparently. 

I called up Verizon and the representative was least helpful and said I should be careful and should have something in written from the representative who told me she waived it off. She mentioned that the previous rep has not made any note on my account and was rude, condescending and said there is nothing they can do and I have to pay the amount now. My 3 month bill is $480 which is insane!!

Verizon has the worst customer service. Tehir representative lied to me or forgot to make a note of the waive off for the one time charges, but everyone I try to contact is least helpful and transfers me from one person to another and eventually says that they cannot do anything about it. 

I have not paid any of the bills and do not plan to until the issue is resolved. I am willing to pay the bill I am supposed to but the $190 needs to be removed from my account and I am willing to fight for it or even go to collections if needed because I was clearly cheated by Verizon and they dont seem to care about it.

Have any of you faced this before? Did you have any resolution or help from Verizon? Whom can I reach out to and how can I fight Verizon in this case? I am genuinely right and should not be paying but Verizon is clearly cheating customers now. I am planning to move to Spectrum but I want to settle this account first.

0 Likes
Re: Fraudulently charged $190+ for installation and upgrade
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ak_1990,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes