Free Look Period, Activation Fee, and Discontinued Services (customer less than 2 weeks!)
karlkriegh

I'm at my wits end calling this company. I'm within the first two-week 'free look' period given to me as a new subscriber. I've called to complain about being assessed an activation fee, and asked to terminate my service, based on the conversation their salesperson had with me when I signed up intially.

Had I known signing up for their service online would have saved me the cost of activation, I would have taken that route ... but instead, now I'm paying far and above what they advertise online and elsewhere. Now I can't even cancel without having to pay this ridiculous fee.

This is absolutely dishonest business. If you tell someone you're giving them a two-week window to try out your services, you should honor that and not hit them with $70 in fees after they tell you they're not interested. But now I'm locked in. I don't care how fast you claim your speeds are, now that I know I can't even get rid of this service, it's an absolute joke, and should be illegal.

Buyer beware -- their 'free look' window is anything but.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Free Look Period, Activation Fee, and Discontinued Services (customer less than 2 weeks!)
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi karlkriegh,

Thanks for letting us know.  We have notified the team that you are still waiting for a reply.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Free Look Period, Activation Fee, and Discontinued Services (customer less than 2 weeks!)
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
Kelleymarie212

I'd like to be contacted about this same exact issue. Insane

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately, you do not have the same issue, Nickkel2

0 Likes
karlkriegh

still have not heard from anyone

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi karlkriegh,

Please allow at least two business days for a response.

0 Likes
Re: Free Look Period, Activation Fee, and Cancellation (and i've been a customer less than 2 weeks!)
karlkriegh

still no answer .. unbelievable

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi karlkriegh,

Thanks for letting us know.  We have notified the team that you are still waiting for a reply.

0 Likes