Frustrated with your Temporary PIN Requests!!!
no-more-holds

I go in to accounts and services, I get a popup that states:

Your security is important to us - just one last step to get full access.Close

Full Access makes managing your account even easier.

• Make changes to your service
  • View your bill in full detail
  • View your calling records

there is a button on it that says click here to get full access

I click the button

then i get>>>>>

Get a Temporary Identification Code (PIN)

In order to get access to the more sensitive details of your account, you need to request a Temporary Identification Code. (This is a security measure to protect your personal information.)

Don't worry—it's easy and you'll only have to do it once.

Ok... then it gives me 2 options

1) Phone Call/Message to XXX-XXX-(deleted numbers for privacy, but they are the last 4 of my phone)
 Code expires in 7 days

2) U.S. Mail to the address on record for this account.
 Code expires 30 days after your request (allow 7-10 days to receive code)

OK...

so i select by phone and i get

Request a Temporary Identification Code

Request being processed for XXX.XXX.XXX my number

You will receive a phone call with your temporary code shortly. (If you don't answer, we'll leave a message.) This code can only be used once and will expire in 7 days.

I have done this several times on different days and NEVER got my pin

OK...then i try the mail option and get this

Code sent to the address on file for this account.

A temporary code has been sent to you. This code can only be used once and will expire in 30 days.

Did this a while and NEVER got my pin.

I have spent way too much time on the phone with support for various reasons including this one since I started my new service. NOBODY can ever help me. they weren't even sure what I was talking about when mentioning temporary pin.

They told me to try the mail option, as you see above that does not work.

So Now what do I do???

I cant get full access to my account and none of your options work.

I won't spend another second on the phone with support, so please someone from Verizon that is truly knowledgeable on thi , s problem help me solve this. I have tried this in the safari, firefox, opera and chrome browsers all the same outcome.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Frustrated with your Temporary PIN Requests!!!
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Always puzzled by people talking about a temporary pin.  As far as I know the pins are only used for phone and not the website.

0 Likes
no-more-holds

its something new if you recently purchased service. I am a return customer to verizon from optimum (after only 4 months). Previously my other account did not need to do this.

it appears that without this temporary pin which seems to be for verification, you can't make changes to your account online.

its for 1 time use just to verify.

But whatever system they have for requesting the PIN does not seem to function properly for some people.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi no-more-holds,

Sorry you are having difficulty obtaining a PIN to access your account online. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Bellino

I am at the local libray now. my other e-mail account is {edited for privacy}   When I got my letter with the temp PIN

when to the 4th paragraph and inputed the web address  www.verizon.com/registertoday    It did not work, advise me to get a temp PIN.   SO, e-mail me when someone replies    HOW when I can not access my verizon account.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bellino,

Sorry you are having difficulty with the temporary PIN. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
mdw262

Hey LawrenceC!

Try as I might, I can't seem to view my online bill. Though I've requested a termpoary pin numerous times - on different computers and through the My Fios App - I've never received a response.

Disclaimer: This my be a case of user error but I think I need your help. 

Thanks in advance. 

Best,

mdw

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
arlingtontv
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem - I need Temporary Identification Code and only mail is the only option but then after I select the option, I get a message that says "Unable to Process". I've done this almost daily for over two weeks and called, but to no avail. Nobody seems to know what I mean... Please advise soonest so I can access the details of my bill. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi arlingtontv,

Sorry you are having difficulty obtaining a temporary PIN. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.