Getting my Name correct would help.
BarryIrby1949

I think it would be a good idea for you to bill me using my given name, not one you assumed it was.  In fact, it upset me so badly that you gave me a $50 discount, but continued to use the wrong name.  An obvious insult.  I got nothing for making you change it to the right name.  Now, If any other piece of mail comes addressed to the wrong name, I will be leaving.

Also, I assume the E-mail you send reminding me of a payment due is for my benefit.  A customer service as it were?  Then why send it on the last day?  And then send another type of reminder the day after?  It would be a service to remind me in time to do something about it, before it was late.  Part of the problem was I had thrown the bill away because it was addressed to the wrong name.

You have the most difficult web site I have ever tried to deal with.  I light of the fact that you turn all the information over to the NSA, it is almost comical the security measures you make me go through.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Getting my Name correct would help.
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@BarryIrby1949 wrote:

I think it would be a good idea for you to bill me using my given name ... I got nothing for making you change it to the right name ... If any other piece of mail comes addressed to the wrong name, I will be leaving ...

There is usually only one reason that information like this is wrong, and that is because the initial information provided for an account was incorrect in the first place.  Because this information is typically entered using an online form, there is no opportunity for human intervention and accompanying human error.
Often, correcting initial errors is quite difficult, and just as often it's more difficult than getting the information correct in the first place.
There are many posts on the forums that give reasons for changing providers.  Some of them (but not all of them) even have merit.
0 Likes
downey1
Enthusiast - Level 2

If it makes you feel any better, I had the same problem when I was with Comcast (my name was spelled wrong on every bill I ever got).  I called twice to get it fixed, and was assured both times that it was fixed.  Guess what?  It was never fixed.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Barrylrby1949,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
BarryIrby1949

You should stick to things you actually know something about.

I did not sign up on line.

I gave my name to a person, in person, at my house and again over the phone.

At the end of the second conversation they insisted that Jack is a nickname for John (You remember Jack Kennedy don't you?).  I assured them repeatedly that I really do know what my name is, but they sent the bill to John anyway.  

If they are too stupid to understand that I actually do know my name, I don't feel compelled to pay John's bill.

Actually, I wanted the service in my middle name, which I use daily, but they insisted on using my "Legal" name and then got it wrong.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to no response, we are closing your private support case. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes