Gift Card Scam - Bait and Switch - Liars
cmgallagher2020
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am writing to call to voice my extreme displeasure with Verizon Fios.  I recently moved back to the Philadelphia area this summer and rented an apartment.  I was informed that the only cable company available was Verizon Fios.  I set up an appointment with a sale representative and purchased the triple play package which included a $300 gift card.  The requirements for the gift card were that the consumer needed to make on time payments for ninety days.  I fulfilled these requirements and was informed that my gift card would ship on October 14, 2013.  This is when the frustration began as I never received the card.  I called Fios and asked why I never received the card? 

I was told that the gift card center had deemed the card undeliverable?  The card was allegedly re-sent on October 31, 2013.  Once again more than 21 days elapsed and no card was received.  The agent told me there was nothing they could do but continue to resend the card. 

I asked for a tracking number to attempt to find a solution and was told no by the Fios rep.

I asked for a $300 credit on my account in lieu of the gift card and was told no by the Fios rep. 

The card was then allegedly sent to my work address on December 7, 2013 and it has still not been received.   

I contacted the rep for my apartment complex and he has not responded to my inquiries.

Yet I continue receive my paper bill every month with no issue. 

I would strongly suggest restraint in signing up for any Verizon services as numerous individuals have had the same problem as evidenced by the plethora of complaints on the Verizon Fios support message board.   If I do not receive the card by the end of the year I will cancel my service regardless of any penalty.   The tactics by utilized by Verizon are unscrupulous, immoral and in bad faith and constitute overt and unchecked consumer fraud.

Please dont "escalate" this message.  You already tried that and the service rep agreed your promotions department is incompetent.
0 Likes
Re: Gift Card Scam - Bait and Switch - Liars
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your private support case is still open.  Please keep all comments in the private support thread, as the agents are awaiting further response from you.

0 Likes