Gift card lies and terrible customer service
Makatos
I signed up for my Verizon service the end of October I believe 10/26. I was told my the fios representative that she wouldn't waive the activation fee but would give me a $150 gift card instead. She said it would take up to two weeks to receive it. I was also told if I installed everything myself I would receive a $50 dollar gift card. This gift card I was told I would receive in 3-5 business days. I called the fios representative I signed up with last Thursday to resolve the issue. I was told to check my email for an email with a PDF from Verizon that I need to fill out and then wait two weeks to receive my $150 gift card. I checked my email and after verifying I never received it, I was told the email would be sent to me after our phone call. I then asked about the self installation gift card and was told I needed to wait till Monday (today) to learn why I haven't received it. I was told I would either get an email or a phone call explaining why I haven't received it and when I should expect it. It is around 9:30 PM, I never received the email I was told I would be sent after the phone call referencing the $150 gift card nor have I received an email or a phone call today referencing the $50 gift card. As of this point I have been patiently waiting for the gift cards I was told I would receive. After an excessively long time of waiting, well beyond the timeframe I was told to wait, and terrible customer service from the fios representative. I am feeling **bleep** and mislead. I need prompt resolution on this matter.
0 Likes
Re: Gift card lies and terrible customer service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Makatos,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Makotos,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need help with the gift cards or ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes
Makatos

I've used the chat and provided my account information to the right people. I was advised to make this post to let the forum people know this.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Makatos

You did not provide the information to the agent working on your private support case. Please go to the link as noted in LawrenceC's post, and follow the instructions there. We will re-open the case for you.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Makatos,

We have closed your private support thread. Seems you no longer need our help based on you no longer responding. We hope you were able to get all of your questions answered over the phone with the number we gave you.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes