Great products, but incredibly inept, frustrating and unacceptable support!
joelnylander
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had FIOS service (tv, phone & internet) for all of about three weeks now. So far, all three services have met expectations. Unfortunately, I have two problems that no one (after at least ten hours on the phone and numerous chats) at Verizon can solve:

1) I cannot access "online tv" content (like showtimeanytime.com or maxgo.com), even though I subscribe to those services and I can view those channels on TV. 

2) My MyVerizon account seems to be screwed up. Under the "My Services" tab, I see only TV and Internet; no phone. A day or two after my installation, I was able to see all three.

I also have a couple of smaller problems, but I'd like to start with these two first. I have tried calling every technical support number I could find and I always end up at the same place..."a ticket has been generated and you'll have to wait 24-48 hours for a resolution". I have heard that about 7-8 times and there is never any resolution when I have been promised there will be.

Please help me get this resolved. I like the FIOS service and I don't want to cancel, but I am still within my 30 day cancellation period and if I can't get this resolved before that time runs out, I will have no other choice but to return to Directv, Charter and Vonage.

Great products, but incredibly inept, frustrating and unacceptable support!

0 Likes
Re: Great products, but incredibly inept, frustrating and unacceptable support!
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I'm sorry to hear about your recent issue. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've copied your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible.

0 Likes
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Give it a try now ^MMP

0 Likes
Skillman

I have the same miserable experience vis-a-vis the quality of customer service. I have had FIOS for 2 years now and rarely if ever do I see the 25/25 MBPS (I check Speakeasy as well as Verizon Speedtest).  The Verizon reps always defend by saying it is not guaranteed. Because this comes under "enhanced services", my understanding is that, this does not come under the purview of the Common Carrier Bureau of FCC. So, I just got to suck it up.

Oe other issue is the original install. Several times, I asked for a direct MOCA line to my router from the NID.  Three times the installers came but each time it was a different excuse (did not bring the Cat 5 cable, did not have the permission from Sales, etc.). Eventually, I just got tired and gave it up and, yes, suck it up.

My 2 year contract is up for renewal. Of course, I have the choice of going to Comcast but I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble of the changing the whole set up.

I don't have triple play because I don't need the low-value Phone service.  I prefer another VOIP provider that provides unlimited international calling to several countries that I call frequently and a service with better features. The reason I decided on Verizon was that it is packaged with my 3 cell phone lines.  The "bundled bill" value proposition is useless. It is really very self-serving of Verizon.  It does not do anything for consumers. In fact, it is a hindrance and cumbersome in many ways that I don't want to expand on here.

Now, can someone please answer the following questions for me:

1. I am considering renewing FIOS service. I want just TV (Prime or Extreme) plus Internet service (35/35). The current offer of TRIPLE play is priced better than getting just these two. How can I get a high value DOUBLE service - that is TV (Prime) plus Internet (35/35 or more) for a better price?

2. How can I get the one year free HBO that is being offered on Triple PLay along wiht the above?

3. How can I get the lifelong DVR for free? Is the offer still available?

Having called Verizon reps about the above twice, I have given up becasue they are not willing to go beyond their scripts. They are not even in India or Philippines!!  I was an ex-Verizon management guy and I'm having all these problems. I wonder what the user experience of other is!!

Thank you for your reponses/help.  Cheers!

Skillman (is where I live in NJ)

0 Likes
Skillman

Here is the other source of annoyance and puzzlement for me. Everyone knows that the cost of acquiring new customers is way higher than retaining old customers. Given that, and also the fact that Verizon employs some very sophisticated math behind offer deveopment, how is it that as a loyal old (pun intended) customer like me with 3 mobile lines and "double" play is getting a quote of $94.99 for FIOS (35/35Mbps, HD Prime TV, HBO with only 3 month discount of 50% and including a $5 discount for 2 year contract and one bill bundle which is actually a cost saver for VZ) whereas

NEW CUSTOMERS get the same for:

$74.99 INCLUDING:

- HD Prime TV

- 35/35 (with Ml424WR version "I" !!).

- HBO at 50% off first year

- DVR for Life free

- Free activation

Moreover, a couple of months ago, I had problems with my Actiontec Ml424WR ver "C". Verizon replaced it with another "C".  To boot, I'm an ex-Verizon senior manager!  Woe be to neighbor Joe!!

Skillman

0 Likes