HBO charge to FIOS customer
tracyxx
Enthusiast - Level 1

I contacted customer service regarding a 14.99 HBO charge on my bill and I am not happy with the outcome.  You have completely taken advantage of me.  To sign someone up for a "free trial" and then start charging them for it when they don't cancel the free trial is criminal.  I don't want HBO, I never watch HBO and I would have NEVER signed up for it.  I can only afford verizon internet and now you've taken advantage of me and I have to spend $14.99 for something that I don't use and didn't want.  Please please please credit it back to my account.  That would be the right thing to do.  I don't have $14.99 sitting around to waste.  This has upset me beyond where it should, but I keep a very tight budget and cannot afford this "scam"

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HBO charge to FIOS customer
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer support forum.

You will need to contact support.

Either call, chat or via twitter @verizonsupport

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer support forum.

You will need to contact support.

Either call, chat or via twitter @verizonsupport

tracyxx
Enthusiast - Level 1

so problem solved- they refunded the 14.99 from the scammy HBO NOW charge.  So if anyone else has this happen to them, it is possible to get that money refunded despite what they might say.

My advice is to have someone "man call" for you because they quickly refunded the money when my hubby called.  No questions, no back and forth, no arguing.  I spent hours and over a week on this.  I learned my lesson and he'll man call sooner next time.

0 Likes
Marilyn_J

I received a notice from Verizon that I had free HBO for a limited time. I set up to record a program on HBO, but it didn't record. When I checked the channel it said I was not subscribed. Now I see an HBO charge for $14.99 on my credit card. 

0 Likes