HD Set Top Box Power Cycling?
MBFord
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the past several months, my set top box keeps turning off and resetting, causing a 15-20 minute delay before my sporting event reappears on my screen. I have missed several important scoring drives and I am fed up. I have called tech support multiple times and always get a different answer. Today's answer (during the world cup matches) was that the power save "feature" causes the box to go to sleep. The only solution is to get a standard box, as opposed to an HD Box. When I tried to order that, the online chat agent sent asked me to upgrade. Why would I pay $15 more for a service that doesn't satisfy me now?  The sales agent then transferred me back to tech support who suggested I try to change the sleep timer to "never". Did that, and 10 minutes later the box powered off again.

I give up. Anyone else have this problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HD Set Top Box Power Cycling?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

If its as simple as the hd box turning off, there is an option in the menus that turns that off.  I don't think that is your problem.

And the problem is not a generally known one, except for a failing box.  There is a commone problem (I thought now fixed) for the router to reboot, but that should not effect the STB while recording.

Remember you are asking PEERS for help here. NOT VERIZON.

My opinion a bad box, or ONT.

View solution in original post

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

So its a bad box.  Why haven't you contacted Verizon?

These forums are peer to peer.  Not a way to contact Verizon.  Look for the Contact us options on all their pages or call 1-800-verizon

0 Likes
MBFord
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you had read my post, you would see that I have contacted verizon, at least 3 times and not gotten a response.

Is it a bad box?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

If its as simple as the hd box turning off, there is an option in the menus that turns that off.  I don't think that is your problem.

And the problem is not a generally known one, except for a failing box.  There is a commone problem (I thought now fixed) for the router to reboot, but that should not effect the STB while recording.

Remember you are asking PEERS for help here. NOT VERIZON.

My opinion a bad box, or ONT.