Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

HD Set Top Boxes too expensive

firesky321
Contributor
Contributor

HD Set Top Boxes too expensive

Message 1 of 3
(1,604 Views)

I have come to the realization that the HD Set Top Boxes are too expensive, I pay $27.99/month for 3 of them, and I think it's highway robbery.  I'vecalled to ask for a better price, but the CSR told me that there were no specials on them, and that there was nothing he could do.

Well Verizon, my contract is up in less than a year, I plan to cancel my triple play and wireless line and take my business else where.  If you really cared about customer retention, I would call me back.  I'm not unreasonable, but I think I'm paying too much.  It's definitely fine if Verizon doesn't care, because it's more of an incentive for me to leave. 

Unhappy customer.

2 REPLIES 2
mfizzy
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: HD Set Top Boxes too expensive

Message 2 of 3
(1,570 Views)

Looks like you are getting a deal for the three boxes. A HD Box is at least $10 bucks a month. You are paying less than that.

NYC_viper
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: HD Set Top Boxes too expensive

Message 3 of 3
(1,539 Views)

Verizon appears to have different prices for HD set top box for different markets. I'm currently paying $11.99/month for the STB, which I will get rid of at the end of current agreement. I'm keeping it only because I was also eligible for a Verizon Connections discount, which knocks off $10/month on triple play.

I don't bother with the DVR or Multiroom DVR either, just ended up getting a SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, rent a cable card for $3.99/month and it has three tuners.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title