HELP! Billed for Fios HD set top box despite shipping it with the provided UPS box by verizon
pudtrails

Is there anyone that can help me solve this dilemma I'm in???  I love FIOS, and was unhappy that when I moved it wasn't available just yet in my new location (it's down the block, but slowly making its way towards me).  I planned ahead and spoke to a Verizon rep letting know I'm moving and what I had to do to make sure my 1 year service was terminated with no problems.  Verizon mailed me a prepaid UPS box to ship back my set top box and other parts, which I promptly did before I left dropping it off at the local UPS store.  A month later I received a bill for several hundred dollars saying they never received the box.    I was amazed at this and contacted Verizon customer service.  I explained my situation to the customer representative and that's when things turned unruly.  The woman began blaming me for the box not being received and started questioning whether I had even sent back the devices.  Her rudeness went on saying I should have paid for a tracking #.  What doesn't make sense is that UPS automatically gives you a tracking # when you go through them so shouldn't Verizon already have that?  I unfortunately didn't have it anymore since it was over a month ago so the representative again continued to say it's my fault i didn't purchase a tracking # and began talking over me. 

Talk about frustrating!!  I just wanted a phone conversation to figure out how to settle/work this out and not be talked down to.  Shouldn't Verizon have this tracking # since they were the ones that sent me the prepaid box to begin with?  On Verizon's website it says use the UPS method and I won't have to pay for anything.  Well I did and now it's costing me over $300!?  Is there anyone at Verizon that can help me without being rude and accusational to me??  I love Fios and would love to switch back when it reaches me, but this ordeal is having me question this now and having my condo board switch to them.

0 Likes
Re: Status changed to: In Progress
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

It was our pleasure to help out and get this credit taken care of. If you ever need help, please post again .

0 Likes