HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE After Inquiring about Suspicious Billing Charges
MsIs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received unacceptable customer service while speaking to a call center representative tonight.  I was calling to resolve a suspicious charge on my bill for internet services when it's already bundled on my bill. When I was transferred to a rep (after a 45 minute wait), I wasn't even greeted properly - forget an apology.  The rep spoke as if I had angered him before ever knowing why I called. And when I asked for help with locating a certain bill that he referenced (or any web site questions) he told me that he couldn't help with that and that he could transfer me to the tech department. I'm sure he knew how to help me locate the bill he was referring to since he does work in the billing department. He continued to speak to me in a demeaning way, and was reluctant to help with the issue at hand, practically blaming me for a charge out of my control.  He went on to say "you didn't pay for OUR internet that YOU used." The fact is all of my bills are paid and current.  Verizon neglected to notate the correct charge on the previous bill and treated me as a theif for their mistake. The representative's behavior was completely unecessary and irrational.  I am a long-time Verizon Wireless customer as well and I must say, their VZW service is 100% better than the Verizon residential services, and that should not be.  Who should I talk to at Verizon to resolve this situation in a sensible manner?

0 Likes
Re: HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE After Inquiring about Suspicious Billing Charges
07mmartin01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck.  I agree their wireless service is much better.  I left their residential service after continually receiving poor customer service.  I was (and still am) unable to resolve the billing/service issues that I had with them, I honestly don't know if it is possible.

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.
0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Try here.

http://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios

Or contact your states consumer protection board or public utilities commission who have regulatory authority over Verizon 

also never call after 6 PM EDT since you are dealing with offshore help. Non American and at times hard to understand. They really cannot help you. And billing is not open on weekends.