Help Returning Equipment
Rlintr

After recently upgrading my FiOS service, I was sent new “Server” and “Client” boxes in a package that shipped at 11 pounds. The Return Label that was included was also for 11 lbs. My old equipment to be returned (DVR and STB) total 16 lbs. I tried to download a printable label a few times but the label was not attached. I contacted Verizon via Chat, but they cannot email a label for more than 10 lbs. How can I get a label for the correct weight so I can return the old FiOS equipment?

0 Likes
Re: Help Returning Equipment
jonjones1
Legend

@Rlintr wrote:

After recently upgrading my FiOS service, I was sent new “Server” and “Client” boxes in a package that shipped at 11 pounds. The Return Label that was included was also for 11 lbs. My old equipment to be returned (DVR and STB) total 16 lbs. I tried to download a printable label a few times but the label was not attached. I contacted Verizon via Chat, but they cannot email a label for more than 10 lbs. How can I get a label for the correct weight so I can return the old FiOS equipment?

Well you could opt for two solutions.

1) Package it all up and pay to ship it back with insurance to Verizon that is on the label they gave you. Yes it will cost you a few dollars but with the sender tracking and the added insurance you will be covered if Verizon pulls that “we never received it” crap they normally use against customers. 

2) You could go to a Verizon Fios local store location (not a reseller) and return everything and have them give you a printed and signed receipt with all serial numbers and your Verizon account number on the receipt. Have them immediately place the fact the items were returned. Names of devices and serial numbers etc. make sure your name and address is exactly as on your Verizon account. No misspellings.

Good Luck

0 Likes