garraty

This is almost too comical. I can't get on my myverizon.com account, I forgot my password since I haven't been on it in over 2 years, no problem right? So, I try to reset my password and get the phone call with the 4-digit number, I enter it and the web site keeps putting me back to the Your information is wrong. So, i call the help number, talk to number one who says my name doesn't match the name on the bill. Well, me being the only adult in the house and I get emails notifying me of monthly bills with my name (I get no paper bills and have auto bank debit) I was kind of worried about that. The insistance of the "help" stating until I can give a proper name i am **bleep**. When I ask to speak to someone who can help me he gets offended.

On to the second person I speak to...I reiterate my problem, say my phone number, I was not told my name is wrong from this person at he start. That rep helped my through a logon, kept telling me I never reset my password, when i did it with them on the phone. Then he tells me, wait, your name is not on the bill. I read to him an email I get from Verizon with my name on it regarding my phone number and tell him there is a problem of some sort. He says no, can't be a problem. He then resets everything, and tells me what to use to logon.

I do that. And guess what? gave me credentials to someone else's account, and you bet, it matches the name they said I should have. So, now I have a new name and a new State of residence and a new phone number.

I called back, rep said...your fine, that logon is for your account, just do what you need to do online. I told him when I logon it gives me information for someone in Florida (I am in New York) who is not me. They said, impossible, it must be you, just manage your account online. I ask for more help and get tranferred to perpetual hold.

Now..I think I will manage "My" account and shut it down. Although I am 100% positive that Steve in Florida is going to be **bleep** when he has no service.

0 Likes
Re: Help
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes