quick menu

Hidden Tech Fees

Highlighted
Contributor Ehj410
Contributor
Message 1 of 1
(336 Views)

I had issues last month with many cchannels not working. I spent a lot of time troubleshooting by myself and using the online tools. Then I called and spent more time only to find out that someone had to come take a look. The onsite technician investigated and told me that likely the splitter in the basement needed replacement. I was never told about a fee n the phone or in person. He changed it and got a higher reading on his device for my internet speeds/ping rate and left. All of this took 20 minutes. Happy Customer? No!

Why - you ask? because now I see labor charges for $50 on my bill p. At no point did the phone technician or the onsite technician tell me that I would have to pay. Calling customer service resulted in me being told even I should have been told  but they can't do anything about it.  Isnt Verizon responsible for explaining to customers that anything on their property that needs replacement will be chargeable at a really high labor rate? Doesnt the law require that a customer at least sign paperwork that states they are aware that they will be charged .

I've been a customer since 2009'and find this behavior deceptive.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios