Horrible experience with closing my Verizon FIOS account
janeiyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Before we left the USA in late July ( for good, we now live back in Singapore). I contacted Verizon thru the website and was told that despite giving them all the info they needed I would have to call in and go thru all the details again to do this- why I don't know tho the suspicion is that they would try to persuade me to stay with them - quite impossible given the international move.

This of course took up a lot of my time but I did it; sent back the cable boxes again etc.

As you can imagine, I was very surprised to find that I was still being billed some $132 a month from August onwards. So in Sept i started to question this and after many messages to and fro ( always has to be done thru secure message which is in itself painful) I was told they had failed to close down one part of the account - Internet - properly. But instead of offering to sort that out, they keep saying I have to call them ! This is not only difficult given the 13 hour time difference but I do not want to have to waste time repeating all the details again.

My questions are :

1. why in the 21st century is there still so much insistence on doing things by phone? Surely the point of a secure website is that it will be a reliable and safe way to manage and communicate about an account?

2. why can't these customer service people show some inclination towards providing service to their customers?! the onus seems to always be on the customer.

3. why is the website so difficult to use? I keep getting error mesages saying too many redirects when I try to follow the links given on the site. And I cant' find any way to get to my messages now. In fact these messsges seem to be discouraged - it takes great persistence to find the box for sending an email.  Have tried to use Live Chat but it seems to always be offline.

4. why when trying to send a message thru the site is any form of punctuation - even a comma ! - not allowed? It makes it really difficult to send an understandable message. 

All in all, I am deeply disappointed with the whole way in which this has been handled and the general processes.

Look forward to getting you comments and hopefully your help in finally resolving this issue.

thanks, Jane 

Re: Horrible experience with closing my Verizon FIOS account
RBinDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon is going to destroy its business if it doesn't clean up its act.  There is competition out there.

0 Likes
Re: Horrible experience with closing my Verizon FIOS account
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Janeiyer,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes