Horrible situation and Verizon's Response
spacerobot2

First things first. I love my FIOS cable TV. I mean love it. I never had a problem with the service. The DVR had tons of space. It never locked up or glitched out like my time waner DVR always did. I had 25/25 FIOS internet as part of a great bundle. Everything has been great!

I am moving to a new house. I called to transfer my service and they said that they could hook up my internet but not FIOS TV because it was not available in the area yet. This just put me over the edge at the thought of moving to dish or time warner again. But I understand it is not rolled out everywhere yet so I will have to deal with it for now until they get it in my neighborhood. 

So if losing my awesome cable TV service isn't enough now they tell me that my FIOS internet speed of 25/25/ is no longer an option. I will either need to drop down to 15/5 or upgrade to 50/25. What? Seriously? I like my 25/25. It's nice having something a little faster than the average but 50/25 is more than I need. 25/25 is the sweet spot I wanted to stay with.

So at this point I am now thinking great, I have to totally switch my internet provider too. 

Then they say also either way you will have to buy out of your contract now for $160 if I need to switch to a different provider. I asked why and they said because you are voluntarily terminating your service with us. In my opinion I am not. I am being told that I cannot continue my cable service and I cannot continue my current internet service as it is. In my opinion Verizon is pushing me out the door. 

After a couple of hours on the phone off and on someone eventually agreed to waive the the cancellation fee if I agree to keep FIOS internet and switch it to my new house. But what bad pricing. $74 for 15/5? 84 for 50/25? I understand not bundled the single plans are much more but that is crazy. So I will now have it hooked up for 1 month then cancel since I am now on a month to month basis. 

I am forced to go back to time warner for all services.

This is the worst. If you understand what I am really complaining about though is that I had a great run of service with Verizon. I'm just really upset now that I can't continue.

0 Likes