How do I file a complaint about Verizon over email so that it is documented?
Aeschi

Since I'm moving I decided to change my Internet service provider to Verizon Fios. This was the biggest mistake I made! So this Verizon agent I called told me that my apartment building is pre-wired with Verizon fios and so all I needed was a self-installation kit. When I gave her my addres she took the address of the adjacent building and I kept insisting that it isnt the same building but he said that since its the same management it doesnt matter. she gave me a billing statement that had no installation fee mentioned. I did this 3 weeks before my move so that I can get my service on March 31st.

A week later i got two emails each a week after the other saying that my apartment is not vacant and I need to submit a proof stating that the previous tenant has moved. Obviously since the previous agent took the address of the adjacent building there was an occupied tenant. I replied to both the emails (the email stated that I respond to the email to verify) stating that that's the wrong address and to correct it. This turned out to be useless. 

So finally I called an agent and got my address corrected. He was the only polite Verizon agent I spoke with so far. He apologized for all the issue and also told me that a technician needs to come over to provide connection to the new address. He gave me the billing details, it had installation fee it is and I told him I didnt have it previously. He said he'll waive it off (THIS NEVER HAPPENED). Also the technician can come over only 4 days after my move in. I told him I made the request 3 weeks in advance therefore I deserve the technician to be on time. Therefore he said he ll call back to confirm having a technician to the initiall date I requested . He NEVER CALLED.

So I called Verizon again. The next agent told me that I can do self-install and she will waive the installation fee and then directed me to the billing department where the agent who was very rude to me. Kept yelling at me and arguing with me for 1 hr saying that a technician will be coming to my apartment on March 31st and there is no self installation. All I asked her was why did the previous two agents tell me its self install and why are the next two telling me a technician is coming over. She kept arguing with me when I asked her for solutions. She gave me no answers just saying that I dont know anything. She was so terrible to me. I finally asked her will I billed for installation when I was promised it will be waived and finally she told me to come back and dispute it after I'm billed. THAT WAS 1 hour I wasted that I'll never get back. 

After this talk I got an email that a technician will be coming to my apartment on March 31.

On March 31st I waited all day, even though I had errands to run since I just moved. THERE WAS NO TECHNICIAN. NO MAILS WITH SELF-INSTALLATION KIT. NOTHING. NO one came nothing showed up. I called verizon and they said they ll bring a technican 3 days later in the morning.

I took a day off from work to have the technician come over and he showed up finally. took 3 hours to get the connection. And here's the best part. I was billed not ONCE but TWICE for the installation. One for Verizon not showing up and the other for Verizon for making up for not showing up. So $100 in total. What kind of a service is this? Im a new customer, why do you make me go through this much? I wasted so much time and energy is this. Will I get my installation fee waived as promised or are you gonna charge me five more times for all the issues that keeps coming? I seriously am frusted with your service. I want this fixed or I do plan to change my service. Very disappointed. 

0 Likes
Re: How do I file a complaint about Verizon over email so that it is documented?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes
Verizon changed my bill and now say they have no record of my previous bill.
Aeschi

So this is my first month with verizon fios and if youve seen my previous post you would know that my experience was horrible with them. 

I finally got to speak to their supervisor and he agreed that I got "screwed" and offered to waive my installation fee and my first month service charges since I told him to disconnect my service for I plan to go for a another service. Then he redirected to me the billing department who asked me to review my bill which showed a $3 credit. Now here is where I got stupid I should have taken a screenshot of that. I didn't, I was too dumb to trust verizon.

20 days lated $94 dollars was taken from my account. So I called the 1-800 number and the representative had no record of any of my issues (I HAD OVER 10 calls with them, they have no record or notes of any of it. They only have record of how much they should charge me). The representative told me she can waive my installation fee but not my service fee. I asked her to let me talk to her supervisor (she said she's not available but when I got angry, she directed me). 

I explaned my problem to the supervisor. She was not sympathetic. She said she has no record of me speaking to another supervisor. I even told her the time I got the verizon email to review my bill from my inbox. but she told me thats not proof. She agreed to credit my installation fee and thats it she can't give back the one month service fee because she does not have record of it. I asked her what would she do if she was in my case and she was like "Im a consumer too".  I even told the previous manager to take notes. Why dont these people record any of this? 

I feel so low, verizon made false promises when I told them Im planning to change my service. They called me a liar when it was them who offered to give me a month's service free for the trauma they made me go through. I never had a bad experience with any service or any one in my life. Why would I lie about them offering me to give credit? I should have never trusted that supervisor after all the agents who promised to get me installation but never did. It took them more than a week and 10 calls to get them my connection.

My advise to anyone here is to screenshot or record every single promise they make of bills. I took a screenshot of my current bill but I cant go through this micro managing of my bill thinking that verizon can steal it one day.  This my month 1 with them, probably may be my last. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon changed my bill and now say they have no record of my previous bill.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct any comments or questions concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you.

0 Likes