How do I receive my final payment on my account?
customerfirst

Hi!!

Check Wanted: 5 months late....

I closed my account in September 2018. Verizon was due to send me a refund of over $100. They have tried issuing checks 4 times (supposedly) however these checks never arrived. Have raised with Fios customer service and each of the 4 times they have said oh yes the check was issued. The last customer service agent said, we'll ship it overnight, don't worry. Two weeks later no check. Customer service agent today said wait another week. I asked to speak to their supervisor. Waited for 30 mins, but supervisor was still caught up. Asked for escalation process, however there isn't one. Seems strange for a billion dollar company. Its not about the money, its now about the principle. I tried creating other options if you can't credit my credit card (which you direct debited from), lets credit my friends account which is at least within your remit. But still... no progress on that route. If I was late on a payment - verizon would charge me. Verizon is late (4 times) on a payment - they further stall.

I'm trying to be polite about this and really patient. But Verizon Fios - your system is broken. Enough lip service. I liked your product, but your service is horrendous. I don't ask much. But you one had job, 'customer first'. Ultimately... that is your business you are in, whether you like it or not.

I would like my issue resolved today. 5 months is enough waiting.

thank you.

0 Likes
Re: How do I receive my final payment on my account?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi customerfirst,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
escalation process? please advise
customerfirst

Hi!

just wished to know your escalation process.

Your customer service rep can't complete a task

The supervisor admitted the system is broken and directed me to a manager.

Your manager hasn't called me after 36 hours.

Your forum service is great for chit chat, but doesn't achieve resolution other than call verizon (which i have now 8 times. my last call told me to wait 42 mins to 1 hr 2 mins).

Please advise on a person I can contact, not an automate, generic, non-outcome driven option?

thank you.

0 Likes
Re: escalation process? please advise
jonjones1
Legend

There is no email contacts. However go to google and look for Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission for your state.

after you have the web site simply call the toll free number under complaints.

you can also do an online complaint but calling is quicker.

they regulate Verizon and other Utilities so that is the way to go.

you can file complaints with http://www.fcc.gov or http://www.bbb.org 

0 Likes
Re: escalation process? please advise
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello customerfirst,

We apologize for all this inconvenience. All pending credit due on your account will have to be discussed with our Customer Financial Services Team on 1-800-698-3545. This is a public forum and as such we do not have access to any account information. We escalated this to our internal support team and they provided the Customer Financial Services Team contact info as they too cannot process refunds. 

Here is the link to the refunds information site:

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/account/pay-bill/refunds

You can also check the status of your refund by signing in to My Verizon and Hover over Billing > select View Bill > Options > Check Refund Status.

Hope this gets resolved promptly for you.

Once again, we apologize for this inconvenience. Please send me a PM if you need any further assistance.    

Thank you. 

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes