How do I switch from TWC to Verizon Fios.
Serotriptomine

I have an appointment set up tomorrow to install Verizon Phone, Internet, and Cable.
I currently have TWC and in lue of not interupting my service as I do have people that need these thigns in my house currently. What can I expect tomorrow?

Do I need to contact Time Warner Cable tomorrow and have them cancel all 3 services in order for the Verizon Tech to work? Or is that not needed at all? I'm kind of worried and would appreciate any help with this delima.

0 Likes
Re: How do I switch from TWC to Verizon Fios.
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@Serotriptomine wrote:

I have an appointment set up tomorrow to install Verizon Phone, Internet, and Cable.
I currently have TWC and in lue of not interupting my service as I do have people that need these thigns in my house currently. What can I expect tomorrow?

Do I need to contact Time Warner Cable tomorrow and have them cancel all 3 services in order for the Verizon Tech to work? Or is that not needed at all? I'm kind of worried and would appreciate any help with this delima.

--- response to same forum thread -- http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/How-do-I-switch-from-TWC-to-Verizon-Fios/td-p/540531

Hello,

Please see the following link for details about FiOS service set-up and installation:

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/Internet/fiosinternet/setup.htm

and then from there, take a look at "Frequently Asked Questions About Installation" and "Items to Cover During Verizon FiOS Installation", especially the checklist of items.

Before the technician leaves your home, ensure that you are comfortable using the FiOS TV remote to control the set top boxes and TV, know how to access voicemail, login to verizon.com, be able to check emails, and connect devices to the wireless network.

Once your FiOS installation is completed and all three services (telephone, TV and internet) are working fine, then you can contact your other service provider to cancel your services with them and make arrangements to have their equipment returned.

Hope this helps!