How do you get out of a Bundle agreement
BillH5

I've been fighting with a really bad setup and order for 3 months. I had a very basic economy phone service at a new house, but have had dsl and freedom essentials at another house for years.

When I went to add the bundle to the new house, well, it wouldn't work online, so I called the number, and the order got all screwed up, and it took about a month to get that straight, but then there is lots of noise on the lines, clearly a bad pair, (I am an EE, and I know a bad connection when I hear it) and the dsl goes up and down, and sometimes you have to pickup the phone and dial a number, or ring the home number to get a connnection.

Verizon has had a tech here once, and it isn't getting any better.

Anyway, I figured out that for about the same price, I can get Comcast cable internet, and then pay for a vonage number. I need to signup for the vonage service so I don't loose my home number, before I cancel the Verizon. Now, in as much as the fact that the service has never worked right, from the very beginning, I don't think I should have to pay to cancel it, in fact I should be getting back some of the money I have paid for service that didn't work.

What I am looking for is suggestions from others that have been through this on how to get out of this without paying a bunch of money to cancel. I have been through enough phone calls to people who don't understand English and I really don't want to deal with that anymore. Perhaps I should just let them stick it to me, and write the SCC and the FCC about the poor service.

I really just want to go away quietly to something that actually works.

I did have another idea to get this working. Order another phone line in the same house with dsl, figuring they would have to put in another pair, and hopefully that pair wouldn't be as noisey, and then cancel the first one. I still loose the phone number however,  and I am paying out the nose to get another line installed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,  it is very frustrating to see this go on for 3 months.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: How do you get out of a Bundle agreement
Doug_VZ1
Contributor - Level 2

This issue requires a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www.verizon.com/contactus.

0 Likes