How many times do I have to cancel my DSL service??
Robbie_Rotten
Enthusiast - Level 1

After almost a month of terrible DSL not connecting and if it did it would be at dial up speeds and this was after I was able to get a repair person to try and fix the problem!! Problem originated at the switch box for the neighborhood. I tried getting another repair going but it would either be lost in the system or the repair person would not show. Fed up on Aug 15th after porting my phone to another service provider I called and cancelled my DSL service. Now I'm thinking it was odd (and maybe deliberate) when the rep said my Westell 327w was too old (almost 8yrs) after seeing around the web Verizon seems to want them all back.

I got a bill late last week for $44.99 for what I assume is the price for a dry loop DSL service. I'm not paying this bill!! It's bad enough I paid for the last month of horrible DSL and phone ahead of time and BEFORE I canceled and ported just so there was no chance for another bill cycle to happen. Verizon created an account number to handle the DSL as my phone is no longer with them. I DID NOT authorize this transaction and will not pay for it!!

Is there someone higher up the food chain I can contact to solve this problem before litigation becomes necessary? I still have the 327W with it's stand, antenna, and power supply if you want those back.

0 Likes
Status changed to: Resolved
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response. Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you. Tonya C.

0 Likes